Pietenpol-List: Starting my build, but need to know which fuselage to

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Starting my build, but need to know which fuselage to

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Dave'sPiet"
...oh, and also- my empty weight includes 3 quarts of oil in the engine, whichis the minimum amount recommended by Continental. You can argue about whetherminimum oil should be included in the aircraft's empty weight, but I won't flythe airplane without it. You can make it whatever you want it to be when youweigh your airplane and edit the notes in those cells appropriately.--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 powerRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Starting my build, but need to know which fuselage tobuild!
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: Starting my build, but need to know which fuselage to

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> "Dave'sPiet"
Hi Dave,Welcome!I have a short ( first version) fuse with a c-90. RE gear position; if building again, I'd follow William follow advice in his articleIn the bpa newsletter and available at other places on line. Harder to put on thenose, though I will say that I believe the gear further back makes her easierin a crosswind.I really wish the pilots seat back was slanted more for comfort which makes melean towards the long fuselage. Making the steel version will save some weightif you can weldWith those passenger and pilot weights I say go for the larger engine. Might bea bit more expensive but You won't care about that after your first flight ona hot day with two people.FYI, people have added a couple feet to the span...Definitely raise the wing a couple inches to ease front out ingress and egress.Can't speak in the door. Heard its helpful but not sure if it offsets the extrafew lbsBuild it light DouweOn Feb 20, 2016, at 1:00 AM, Pietenpol-List Digest Server wrote:> *> > =================================================> Online Versions of Today's List Digest Archive> =================================================> > Today's complete Pietenpol-List Digest can also be found in either of the > two Web Links listed below. The .html file includes the Digest formatted > in HTML for viewing with a web browser and features Hyperlinked Indexes > and Message Navigation. The .txt file includes the plain ASCII version > of the Pietenpol-List Digest and can be viewed with a generic text editor > such as Notepad or with a web browser. > > HTML Version:> > http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestv ... ml&Chapter 16-02-19&Archive=Pietenpol> > Text Version:> > http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestv ... xt&Chapter 16-02-19&Archive=Pietenpol> > > ===============================================> EMail Version of Today's List Digest Archive> ===============================================> > > ----------------------------------------------------------> Pietenpol-List Digest Archive> ---> Total Messages Posted Fri 02/19/16: 7> ----------------------------------------------------------> > > Today's Message Index:> ----------------------> > 1. 12:23 AM - Starting my build, but need to know which fuselage to build!(Dave'sPiet)> 2. 06:37 AM - Re: Starting my build, but need to know which fuselage to build!(tools)> 3. 08:47 AM - Re: Starting my build, but need to know which fuselage to build!(Dave'sPiet)> 4. 10:18 AM - Re: Starting my build, but need to know which fuselage to build!(Bill Church)> 5. 11:47 AM - Re: Re: Starting my build, but need to know which fuselageto build! (vic groah)> 6. 03:43 PM - Re: Starting my build, but need to know which fuselage to build(Dave'sPiet)> 7. 06:04 PM - Re: Starting my build, but need to know which fuselage to build!(tools)> > > > ________________________________ Message 1 _____________________________________> > > Subject: Pietenpol-List: Starting my build, but need to know which fuselage to> build!