Pietenpol-List: First Flight

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: Re: microphone

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> taildrags(at)hotmail.com
Film canister? What's that? =3B)> Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: microphone
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jim Boyer
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: First Flight

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Gardiner
matronics

> * *Pietenpol-List: microphone

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Gardiner
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jack Phillips"
Dave outstanding video, nice looking ship, congratulations!Sent from my iPadJack TextorOn Mar 18, 2013, at 5:07 PM, DandD Boyd wrote:> I have recently flown my Piet for the first time. This forum has been a huge help in the building process. Thank you to all. I also attended many Brodhead functions over the past 13 years and gotten lots of tips. To see the video of the flight go to www.Vimeo.com and put "Boyd First Flight" in the search engine.> Hope to be at Brodhead this year. I will be at the Frasca (C16) fly- in June 15th.> Dave Boyd> Champaign, IL> > ============================================================================================================================================> ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: First Flight

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Outstanding, Dave! It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it?Jack PhillipsNX899JPSmith Mountain lake, Virginia _____
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: John Woods
Congratulations, beautiful plan! Where are you located? Do you have more photos?Ray Krause Building a Sky ScoutColusa, Ca.Sent from my iPadOn Mar 18, 2013, at 3:07 PM, DandD Boyd wrote:> I have recently flown my Piet for the first time. This forum has been a huge help in the building process. Thank you to all. I also attended many Brodhead functions over the past 13 years and gotten lots of tips. To see the video of the flight go to www.Vimeo.com and put "Boyd First Flight" in the search engine.> Hope to be at Brodhead this year. I will be at the Frasca (C16) fly- in June 15th.> Dave Boyd> Champaign, IL> > ============================================================================================================================================> ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 10:53:18 +0800 (WST)
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: First Flight

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Oscar Zuniga
Wonderful, just absolutely wonderful....!!--------Jake Schultz - curator,Newport Way Air Museum (OK, it's just my home)Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: microphone

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Groah
OK=2C here's the original post that I was thinking about. It's from Walt Evans=2C and I wish we knew how Walt is doing these days. He sure built a pretty Air Camper.============Steve=2CGot a great idea from somebody=2C and the cost is free! Get the plastic 35mmfilm containers. Cut an "X" in the lid and slide it on the mic arm. Thenwrap some foam around the mic and slide on the 35mm can after you havedrilled a 1/4" hole in the side. Line up the hole with your mouth. Betterthan sliced bread. Just keep the hole tight against your mouth to keep outengine noise.My engine noise keeps my intercom open=2C but makes for a pleasant ride withme as the tour guide.walt evansNX140DL============Oscar ZunigaMedford=2C ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 power ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 22:00:07 -0700 (PDT)
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "CraigAho"
Ok, I see I am going to have to find my SFO chart and start marking out the requestedstops and see where that leaves us. I'll start marking the destinationsand then we can connect the dots at the gathering. We'll just figure it outas it moves along. Keep the ideas coming. Looking forward to it.--------Scott LiefeldFlying N11MS since March 1972Steel TubeC-85-12Wire WheelsBrodhead in 1996Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: First Flight
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Peter Johnson
Subject: Pietenpol-List: First Flight
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Scott Knowlton
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________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: First Flight
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Marcus Zechini
Well done Peter! Looks amazing. Scott KnowltonBurlington OntarioCanada Sent from my iPhone> On Mar 16, 2016, at 7:46 PM, Peter Johnson wrote:> > Hi Guys,> > I had a successful first flight this morning in the Pietenpol. Beautiful morningand a very smooth flight. Just a circuit of the field to check everythingis OK. The trim is a little nose heavy but otherwise she flys beautifully.> > Cheers> > Peter> > Wonthaggi Australia> http://repiet.cpc-world.com> > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 19:54:44 -0400Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: First Flight
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: John Cox
Congratulations! Your plane is beautiful, especially the color and prop. I hopeto fly mine this summer.Ray KrauseSent from my iPad> On Mar 16, 2016, at 4:26 PM, Peter Johnson wrote:> > Hi Guys,> > I had a successful first flight this morning in the Pietenpol. Beautiful morningand a very smooth flight. Just a circuit of the field to check everythingis OK. The trim is a little nose heavy but otherwise she flys beautifully.> > Cheers> > Peter> > Wonthaggi Australia> http://repiet.cpc-world.com> > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 17:24:03 -0700Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: First Flight
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "taildrags"
We just completed a major upgrade to Airport Courtesy Cars App, which now makes the app available on ALL devices, including the web. Please upgrade your app to the latest version. If your phone does not support the app, then go to our new website, www.airportcourtesycars.com The site is mobile friendly and you can place its icon to your phone or tablet screen. Both versions show Google maps for each state, the app version still shows the entire US map which some people prefer. The site currently lists over 1560 cars. Thanks for your input and contact us with any questions, new listings, or corrections to airportcars101(at)gmail.com And please check out our advertisers and FBOs who offer you fuel discounts. The app remains free.--------Glenn BraschRV-9A FlyingMedevac Helicopter Pilot (Ret)Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" Smart Phone Appand www.airportcourtesycars.comRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: First Flight
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: vic groah
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: First FlightCongratulations.Semih Oksay in Turkey=8BOn Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 2:24 AM, John Cox wrote:> Gorgeous Picture!>> John Cox - Oregon>> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Peter Johnson > wrote:>>> Hi Guys,>>>> I had a successful first flight this morning in the Pietenpol. Beautiful>> morning and a very smooth flight. Just a circuit of the field to check>> everything is OK. The trim is a little nose heavy but otherwise she flys>> beautifully.>>>> Cheers>>>> Peter>>>> Wonthaggi Australia>> http://repiet.cpc-world.com>>>>>>>>>-- Semih Oksay________________________________________________________________________________Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 21:54:49 -0700Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: First Flight
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Fairfield, Mike"
Great looking airplane. You will enjoy many years with it and create many lifetimememories. Your CG will shift as you burn the fuel out of the nose tank.I have 10 US gallons in the nose of mine and it make a huge difference as thefuel burns off. Enjoy it my friend, You have earned it. Cheers,--------Scott LiefeldFlying N11MS since March 1972Steel TubeC-85-12Wire WheelsBrodhead in 1996Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: gboothe5(at)comcast.net
> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> > > Gardiner=3B> > Someone posted a description of an effective noise muffler for their mic that they made out of an empty film canister with a small hole in it. I'll search the archives for it unless someone else on the list remembers this and can turn it up.> > --------> Oscar Zuniga> Medford=2C OR> Air Camper NX41CC &quot=3BScout&quot=3B> A75 power> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 536#396536> > > > > > > ============================================> > > ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 23:15:30 +0000 (UTC)
matronics

> > Pietenpol-List: Re: microphone

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: shad bell
> > To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> >> > >> > Gardiner;> >> > Someone posted a description of an effective noise muffler for their > mic that they made out of an empty film canister with a small hole in > it. I'll search the archives for it unless someone else on the list > remembers this and can turn it up.> >> > --------> > Oscar Zuniga> > Medford, OR> > Air Camper NX41CC "Scout"> > A75 power> >> >> >> >> > Read this topic online here:> >> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 536#396536> >> >> >> >> >> > >> >> >> *maybe I can make one out of a small spice container. would like to see a picof it though. gardiner>>> *________________________________________________________________________________Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 17:41:11 -0700 (PDT)