Pietenpol-List: Control Stick Movements

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Control Stick Movements

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "tonyp51qa"
Hi.Would anyone know the owner of a yellow piet with green tail on yellow full lotusfloats ? I'd like to talk with the owner about doing the same thing.Thanks Bob715-851-9441[/b]Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Control Stick Movements
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Control Stick Movements

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Does this discussion help?http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=416457The deflections mentioned sound about right. Somewhere I have anothersketch of the deflections but I can't find it right now. ChrisSacramento, CAWestcoastPiet.com-----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

One thing you can do to gain a little more left stick is to flatten the endof the connector tubing off center. This will allow you to bias the tubingcloser to the centerline of the sticks. I have heard that it will hit yourleg before it hits the V-brace.ChrisSacramento, CAWestcoastPiet.com-----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Mike Cuy shows 10-inch up and 7.5-inch down elevator movement.http://westcoastpiet.com/images/Mike_Cu ... Sacramento, CAWestcoastPiet.com-----Original Message-----
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Control Stick Movements

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Chris,Is the angle measured from the top of the wing as "level"?Thanks,Ray KrauseSent from my iPad> On Feb 7, 2016, at 3:53 PM, CatDesigns wrote:> > > Does this discussion help?> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=416457> > The deflections mentioned sound about right. Somewhere I have another> sketch of the deflections but I can't find it right now. > > Chris> Sacramento, CA> WestcoastPiet.com> > > > > -----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

RayI believe it is measured at the bottom of the trailing edge with the aileronlevel with the bottom of the wing, i.e. in the neutral position. Thenmeasure the angle (at the trailing edge) at full up or down. ChrisSacramento, CAWestcoastPiet.com-----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Charles N. Campbell"
Axel- only on one condition: that you either correct the spelling in the eventregistration weblink to "Corvair", or else serve some prime Detroit "corviar"on crackers at the event ;o)--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 powerRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 10:27:55 -0500Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Control Stick Movements
matronics

Post by matronics »

Hard to see how the ailerons could make much noise against the wing =93 the stick hits my knee long before the ailerons reach full deflection.The FAA generally wants to see control stops on all controls. I put small blocks of wood under the aileron horn on the torque tube for that purpose (the stick still hits my knee before the horn reaches the stop). I added elevator stops on the elevator bellcrank in the fuselage to limit the elevator movement. It still has far more elevator travel than you would ever need in flight.Jack PhillipsNX899JPSmith Mountain Lake, Virginia
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Chris,Thanks. My Sonex is measured from the top of the wing as level (neutral) startingpoint.RaySent from my iPad> On Feb 7, 2016, at 7:51 PM, CatDesigns wrote:> > > Ray> > I believe it is measured at the bottom of the trailing edge with the aileron> level with the bottom of the wing, i.e. in the neutral position. Then> measure the angle (at the trailing edge) at full up or down. > > > Chris> Sacramento, CA> WestcoastPiet.com> > > > -----Original Message-----
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Control Stick Movements

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "taildrags"
Thanks guys ill try to reach him.BobRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Control Stick Movements
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Control Stick Movements

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jack Textor
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Control Stick MovementsI'm bigger, so I built a 2" wider fuse. LOL.Semih=8BOn Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 7:03 AM, taildrags wrote:>> I'm going to agree with the others here... you may never consciously hit> the extreme limits of your control stick travel. Thinking back though, I> may have done it a couple of times. I can recall practicing power-off> stalls at altitude, and holding full aft stick while wearing summer> clothing (no bulky jacket), I was surprised that after repeated attempts I> could not get the nose to break sharply and drop if I eased up to the> stall. It would come up, bob, sink rate would go up, then it would just> dip to get a little air over the wings and then repeat the cycle. In a> sharper and intentionally rapid stall maneuver, I wouldn't try it but in a> slow approach to full nose-up, I could hold the stick full back in the> bobbing cycle as altitude was rapidly lost and airspeed stayed in the 30s> or low 40s. I'm quite sure I've never had the stick full forward!!! I> have no desire to set a new world's record for elapsed time from cruise to> Vne in a homebuilt, but the Air Camper would !> sure be willing to try if you hit the forward stop!>> The time I think I've hit the aileron stops was in short-field slips to a> landing on grass. Back at San Geronimo, I would come in just a tad high on> final so I could get over the trees at the approach end of the field, then> kick it over into a hard slip to get in where I could use all the grass. I> think I have felt the stop once or twice in that configuration, but I could> also be imagining it because in that configuration the stick is well into> your thigh. I have a 32" waist and weigh about 160, not a lot of meat on> my thighs, but if you're not slight of build the insides of your thighs> will serve nicely as stick stops in roll.>> --------> Oscar Zuniga> Medford, OR> Air Camper NX41CC "Scout"> A75 power>>> Read this topic online here:>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ======>>-- Semih Oksay________________________________________________________________________________