Pietenpol-List: Piet

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: dannymac
Doug were do you live, I'm in Cold Lake and am planing a trip for thisweekend. Maybe we might cross paths. Also how far along is your piet?Wayne Tokarz________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Piet

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Howard Wilkinson
Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: PietHi Wayne. My GN-1 has a cub cowl, and I've been thinking about changing outto something like Michael Cuys and Frank Pivlaga's style. Would beinterested in seing the VUU photos also.Robert Hensarlinghttp://www.mesquite-furniture.comrhrocker(at)admin.hilconet.comUvalde, Texas As for>your cowl, I really like the one that VUU has. It is very period looking>and quite easy to make with 1100 alum. I believe it is .063 but I'll>check and see if I can get you some photos.>>Wayne>>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Wayne and Kathy
I live in Alix,which is about 30 miles east of Red Deer,or about 20 mileswest of Stettler where i work.My Piet is covered,and painted,now buildingthe cowling(head scratching),then i will put the wings back on,and do thewieght and balance,etc.sure would like to see your bird fly.I wonder whereyou are flying and which day this weekend,i work this saturday,but the shopis about 3 minutes from the airport! Doug
matronics

Post by matronics »

Doug wrote:> > I live in Alix,which is about 30 miles east of Red Deer,or about 20 miles> west of Stettler where i work.My Piet is covered,and painted,now building> the cowling(head scratching),then i will put the wings back on,and do the> wieght and balance,etc.sure would like to see your bird fly.I wonder where> you are flying and which day this weekend,i work this saturday,but the shop> is about 3 minutes from the airport!> Doug> Hi Doug, This Sunday I'll be doing the Bonnyville Poker Ralley. I'll bepassing through St.Paul, Vegreville, and Loydminster. Vegreville isabout as close as I'll be getting. long way for you to drive. As foryour cowl, I really like the one that VUU has. It is very period lookingand quite easy to make with 1100 alum. I believe it is .063 but I'llcheck and see if I can get you some photos.Wayne________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Wayne and Kathy wrote:> Hi Doug, This Sunday I'll be doing the Bonnyville Poker Ralley. I'll be> passing through St.Paul, Vegreville, and Loydminster. Vegreville is> about as close as I'll be getting. long way for you to drive. As for> your cowl, I really like the one that VUU has. It is very period looking> and quite easy to make with 1100 alum. I believe it is .063 but I'll> check and see if I can get you some photos.> > Wayne Wayne, I would love to see photos of the cowl too.Dannymac________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Wayne and Kathy
-----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Wayne and Kathy
Thanks,would like to see some shots of your cowling.Doug
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "KMHeide, BA, CPO, FAAOP"
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Extra Pietenpol project for sale...

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "KMHeide, BA, CPO, FAAOP"
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Piet

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Jeff,I build my undercarriage from the UK plans. It has survived quite well withmy landings, although I did buckle it on a ground loop (side ways into anearth bank). Check out http://www.cpc-world.com for some pictures, Page 5 ofthe Build pictures has the construction. The U/C and wing strut fittings arecombined. A steel strap underneath the fuse keeps both fittings together ina hard landing (I put one on the rear fitting as well).CheersPeterWonthaggi Australiahttp://www.cpc-world.com-----Original Message-----
matronics

atronics.com=0ASent: Friday, March 27, 2009 12:22:09 PM=0A RE: Piet

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: bike.mike(at)comcast.net
matronics

ronics.com=0A>>Sent: Wed, January 20, 2010 8:30:41 AM=0A>> Re: Piet

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: H RULE
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Fwd: Piet

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "bdewenter"
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: FBYou can always count on Oscar!!!On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 12:48 AM, taildrags wrote:>> A couple of things I'd like to post since there isn't much traffic on the> list at present. First of all, has anyone heard how Ken Bickers is doing> in the repairs to his airplane up in the Denver area, and his engine mount> build for the O-200? Next, I always enjoy hearing from Jake Schultz and> his beautiful round-engine, steel-tube frame Air Camper up in Washington.> Any news from up there? Is the airplane still rolling on skinny plywood> wheels? Jake has what may arguably be the cleanest and best organized> workshop in the entire known universe.>> Last item, a public shout-out of thanks to Chris Tracy and Gary Boothe,> neither of whom I have ever met in person, yet I feel like they are hangar> mates and airport bums that I get to 'see' (virtually, via this list or> email) whenever I want to say hey or ask a question. And they are both> responsible for a certain 2-cylinder, 4-stroke engine of mine that is> quietly waiting for me to start its next life, which will be on a Part 103> ultralight. Imagine no biennial, no medical, no radios, no airport fences,> minimal regulations, no nothing except fuel it up and go fly... all I need> to do is get myself down to Gary's hangar and pick it up from where he's> been storing it for me.>> --------> Oscar Zuniga> Medford, OR> Air Camper NX41CC "Scout"> A75 power, 72x36 Culver prop>>> Read this topic online here:>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Fwd: Piet
matronics

Pietenpol-List: OSH

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Conkling
I'll be at OSH for a few days and was curious where the Piets typically park onthe field. I'm hoping to see a few and ask a few questions. Won't be able to make Broadhead. Thanks,PhiLSent from my iPhone________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Fwd: Piet

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> "Goff Electric"
Keith,Your Piet looks great. Nice covering job. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to flying togetherJackSent from my iPhone> On Jul 20, 2016, at 7:49 PM, goffelectric(at)comcast.net wrote:> > > > This is where I am on my project, everything covered but the fuselage, final fitting the cowl now and hope to finish all covering next month. Painting maybe September or October. I was positive four and a half years ago I would be flying in two years, oh well getting close now. Not sure why my phone sent the pictures sideways but you get the idea.> As far as this list goes I was very cautious to post after all of the meanness a few years ago. That stuff I'm not interested in but I will in the future do my part to keep this list active. Also I think I miss some posts too. I will see peoples responses to posts that I never saw.> > Thanks,> Keith Goff> >
matronics

> Piet

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: goffelectric(at)comcast.net
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Fwd: Piet

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> "Goff Electric"
Beautiful work! That looks like a Corvair? I did not have the skill set for fiberglass. Guess I should have done it your way, looks great.Please help keep our forum going.Thanks,Ray KrauseSkyScout, flying MAYBE this FallSent from my iPad> On Jul 20, 2016, at 5:49 PM, goffelectric(at)comcast.net wrote:> > > > This is where I am on my project, everything covered but the fuselage, final fitting the cowl now and hope to finish all covering next month. Painting maybe September or October. I was positive four and a half years ago I would be flying in two years, oh well getting close now. Not sure why my phone sent the pictures sideways but you get the idea.> As far as this list goes I was very cautious to post after all of the meanness a few years ago. That stuff I'm not interested in but I will in the future do my part to keep this list active. Also I think I miss some posts too. I will see peoples responses to posts that I never saw.> > Thanks,> Keith Goff> >
matronics

> Piet

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Wayne and Kathy
> > Doug were do you live, I'm in Cold Lake and am planing a trip for this> weekend. Maybe we might cross paths. Also how far along is your piet?> > Wayne Tokarz> > ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

> Re: Piet

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Doug
> > Doug wrote:> > > > I live in Alix,which is about 30 miles east of Red Deer,or about 20miles> > west of Stettler where i work.My Piet is covered,and painted,nowbuilding> > the cowling(head scratching),then i will put the wings back on,and dothe> > wieght and balance,etc.sure would like to see your bird fly.I wonderwhere> > you are flying and which day this weekend,i work this saturday,but theshop> > is about 3 minutes from the airport!> > Doug> > > Hi Doug, This Sunday I'll be doing the Bonnyville Poker Ralley. I'll be> passing through St.Paul, Vegreville, and Loydminster. Vegreville is> about as close as I'll be getting. long way for you to drive. As for> your cowl, I really like the one that VUU has. It is very period looking> and quite easy to make with 1100 alum. I believe it is .063 but I'll> check and see if I can get you some photos.> > Wayne> ________________________________________________________________________________