Pietenpol-List: posting here

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: posting here

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Greg Cardinal"
John,I hear you, those types of responses, multiplied made the old-timers getsick and leave the list and newcomers scared to ask questions.Though it is certainly helpful to search the archive, and should besuggested, the suggestion often came across as a "shoot-down" and nothelpful. Douwe________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: OSH

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Phil, Apologies for replying after leaving OSH but I don't access this list whileaway....Four Pietenpols were parked in row 361, north of the brown arch and veryclose to the Homebuilders HQ.The four were Bob Poore, Dan Helsper, Jill Oakes and myself.A brief recap for anyone interested:Bob Poore, Dan Helsper and I departed Brodhead on Sunday morning as a flightof three. We had a groundspeed of 100 mph as we made our way to Hartford forfuel and to make NORDO arrangements into the UL field at OSH. The winds atOSH on Sunday would have been a direct 20+ mph crosswind with a downhilllanding on the short UL runway.We elected to leave the planes at Hartford for the night and got a ride toOSH.At 6:00 am Monday morning we were given a ride back to Hartford to pick upthe planes for the flight to OSH.We communicated our progress with ground crew at the UL field to so theycould have the pattern clear for our arrival. We all landed in quicksuccession with the fence lined with spectators. I heard our arrival was quite a show and I'm hoping it shows up on Youtube.We all eventually made our way to the Homebuilt Parking area where we weremet by Charlie Becker and Mary Jones for photos and interviews. All week long the crowds were thick around the Pietenpols, especially Dan's.Bob and I planned to depart early Friday (yesterday) morning. Just as wewere untying the planes the field went IFR so we were stuck. At 10:30 thefield went VFR so it was a scramble to get back to the UL field fordeparture. Heading west we had to stay at 300 - 400' and maneuver aroundrain showers. This went on for about 20 - 30 miles and then only slightlyimproved.We landed at our home fields late in the afternoon after a couple of fuelstops.And finally, I want to add that I am continually amazed at how Pietenpolpeople will step up and offer help and generosity whenever and whereverneeded. From ground transportation to and from Hartford (thank you Pat andMary Hoyt) to towing my tailskid equipped Piet from the UL field to myparking spot (thank you Mike Danford) and many other offers of assistance.It was an awesome trip and I'm already looking forward to next year.Greg CardinalMinneapolis-----Original Message-----
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: OSH

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Greg,Thanks for the very enjoyable write-up of your arrival and departure of OSH 2016.Makes me envious!Ray KrauseSent from my iPad> On Jul 30, 2016, at 7:41 AM, Greg Cardinal wrote:> > > Phil, > > Apologies for replying after leaving OSH but I don't access this list while> away....> > Four Pietenpols were parked in row 361, north of the brown arch and very> close to the Homebuilders HQ.> The four were Bob Poore, Dan Helsper, Jill Oakes and myself.> > A brief recap for anyone interested:> Bob Poore, Dan Helsper and I departed Brodhead on Sunday morning as a flight> of three. We had a groundspeed of 100 mph as we made our way to Hartford for> fuel and to make NORDO arrangements into the UL field at OSH. The winds at> OSH on Sunday would have been a direct 20+ mph crosswind with a downhill> landing on the short UL runway.> > We elected to leave the planes at Hartford for the night and got a ride to> OSH.> > At 6:00 am Monday morning we were given a ride back to Hartford to pick up> the planes for the flight to OSH.> We communicated our progress with ground crew at the UL field to so they> could have the pattern clear for our arrival. We all landed in quick> succession with the fence lined with spectators. > > I heard our arrival was quite a show and I'm hoping it shows up on Youtube.> > We all eventually made our way to the Homebuilt Parking area where we were> met by Charlie Becker and Mary Jones for photos and interviews. > > All week long the crowds were thick around the Pietenpols, especially Dan's.> > Bob and I planned to depart early Friday (yesterday) morning. Just as we> were untying the planes the field went IFR so we were stuck. At 10:30 the> field went VFR so it was a scramble to get back to the UL field for> departure. Heading west we had to stay at 300 - 400' and maneuver around> rain showers. This went on for about 20 - 30 miles and then only slightly> improved.> > We landed at our home fields late in the afternoon after a couple of fuel> stops.> > And finally, I want to add that I am continually amazed at how Pietenpol> people will step up and offer help and generosity whenever and wherever> needed. From ground transportation to and from Hartford (thank you Pat and> Mary Hoyt) to towing my tailskid equipped Piet from the UL field to my> parking spot (thank you Mike Danford) and many other offers of assistance.> > It was an awesome trip and I'm already looking forward to next year.> > Greg Cardinal> Minneapolis> > -----Original Message-----
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: OSH

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
One more noteworthy mention is Rob Busch who helped me walk the airplanefrom its parking spot to the UL field. It was close to a mile and his helpwas greatly appreciated.Greg-----Original Message-----
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: posting here

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Bill Church"
I opted for mph because it feels "older." I want people to walk up and ponder "man,how OLD is this plane?" I want as many things as possible to evoke the feelingof an old airplane, even though it will be brand new. Things I am referringto include the round engine, wicker seats, large diameter Harley Davidsontires, simple/vintage paint scheme, etc..... Now the sarcastic answer to the question of mph or knots: I plan to install aCALENDER - ha!--------Jake Schultz - curator,Newport Way Air Museum (OK, it's just my home)Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: posting here
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: posting here

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Cuy
Bill,Regarding broken threads...There are a few guys here who CONSTANTLY break a thread, thereby making it almostimpossible to figure out what the hell they were writing about!This is not only an annoyance, but tends to gobble up lots of the reader's timeif he/she wishes to figure out what the post is about.SO - TO ALL OF YOU (DAMN RIGHT, I'M SCREAMING!) WHO CONSTANTLY BREAK THREADS, STOPIT!--------Tom KreinerRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________