Pietenpol-List: Con job on Craigslist OT

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Con job on Craigslist OT

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steven Dortch
Subject: Pietenpol-List: Con job on Craigslist OTWow, I was just nibbling at the edge of a con. There was a Craigslist offerof a small 2008 John Deere tractor for $2000. A small tractor bigger thanthe garden tractors.Looked great, when I asked what accessories come with it. I got an answerthat said everything in the photos. Mower deck, front end loader, Snowplow, and forklift. But the individual was in pre deployment training atOffutt AFB and could not meet anyone before deploying. I should email myname, phone number and whole address so they could tell eBay I was thebuyer. Then they would be put it in the eBay money back guarantee program.It would be shipped by the Military Logistic Department, free no less. Icould not check it out since this department already had it in storage.The hair on my back stood up.(I am bald). First in the military, it isalways logistics, never Logistic. I have deployed multiple times andsupported units deploying. I have never heard of the military shipping avehicle to a third party. Much less free.So I checked out eBay policy and they don't guarantee vehicles. A Googlesearch of military logistic department brought up a list of scams usingthis term. Usually they are selling a car or truck.Y'all be careful out there.BTW there are some good deals out there on Craigslist that I can see beforeI buy!Blue skies,Steve D________________________________________________________________________________