Pietenpol-List: West Coast Piet Fly-in 2017

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: West Coast Piet Fly-in 2017

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "taildrags"
Brent; a couple of things. First, if you will include your location with your introductorypost, it will help us help you. If there are other builders or pilotsnear you, it is not uncommon to get invitations to come out and look at otherprojects or to get a ride. It will also help direct inquiries, because ifyou're in Connecticut and someone in Nevada has a project that they might wantto sell, just the logistics of you getting over there to see the project andthen getting it back across the country would make it an unlikely match. Whereare you located?Next, if you're patient, your chances of finding something will improve greatly.In the Piet world, patience is a virtue and a byword. Consider the proverbthat "The Piet is slow, but the sky is patient" ;o) I was on this list for maybea year when all of a sudden my airplane came up for sale, complete and flying.I've seen many nice projects come available in the years since then...everything from bare fuselages all the way to ready-to-fly. The saddest onesare when people are forced to sell due to changes in life situations, but in thosecases everyone benefits when a willing buyer connects with a needy seller.If you have time to look around, wait around, and follow the posts here, yourchances of finding something will improve.Lastly, I will echo the comment made by many, that if you pick up somebody else'spartially-completed project, a lot of things will be locked in and you'll justhave to take what you've got. As you pick up where the earlier builder leftoff, you will undoubtedly find things that you might have done differentlyor even think about tearing out and starting over. It's all about choices butmy suggestion is to just finish what you get and then go fly it. Along thisline, though, I'll bet there is not a single builder on this list who wouldn'tagree that building a SECOND one would go quicker than building (or finishing)the first! You learn a lot from building an Air Camper.--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 power, 72x36 Culver propRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: West Coast Piet Fly-in 2017
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: West Coast Piet Fly-in 2017

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "AircamperN11MS"
Thanks for updating the links. The only problem I foresee is finding a DPE whois willing to give the checkride. The aircraft is not being rented out as thereis no compensation for use, and I would not be charging for the instruction.I fail to see any issues here legally speaking.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: West Coast Piet Fly-in 2017