Steel Part DXF Files

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
Pat Weeden
Site Admin

Steel Part DXF Files

Post by Pat Weeden »

Donated to BPA today was a pair of old floppy disks with a bunch of DXF files on them. The date on the disks was 1997. The guy who gave it to me said the drawings are all the steel parts needed for an Aircamper. I posted the files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4r3j6ht8yk1p ... pcrQa?dl=0

Can any of you CAD-literate guys tell me if these files are legit? I'd like to make them available to the membership but only if they check out.
Pat Weeden, Site Admin
Brodhead Pietenpol Association
taildrags

Re: Steel Part DXF Files

Post by taildrags »

Pat; I was able to open them in AutoCAD just fine, and a few dimensional checks show that they appear to be correct but I did not check every dimension of every drawing. I also did not see any landing gear parts or various other steel parts. I can save them as PDFs for easier viewing if someone else would like to see what's in the files.
Pat Weeden
Site Admin

Post by Pat Weeden »

Thanks, Oscar.

I was able to view them in Adobe Illustrator, but it was just the vector art, no dimensions or other notations. If you can produce PDFs or something more universal, that would be helpful.
Pat Weeden, Site Admin
Brodhead Pietenpol Association
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

Pat; there are no dimensions or annotations in the drawings... they are just drawings but they are drawn to scale in AutoCAD. They would be useful as templates for someone making the parts by hand, but they could also be useful as input files for someone who was going to cut them using CNC equipment. I can convert them to PDFs.