PIetenpol Air Camper for sale

For Sale and Wanted ads for Pietenpol related items may be posted here. Please remember to manage your ads when your items are sold.
Tools

PIetenpol Air Camper for sale

Post by Tools »

Hate to be the first in this category. Too many planes, and besides, might get me back to building one!

Short wood fuse. Cabanes an inch or two longer. Cutout for rear cockpit access. Dual controls, no instruments in front. Wood gear, Harley wheels. Cont a65, mid time, great runner. Slick mags with about 350 hrs. Metal prop. Single piece wing. Will come with fresh annual. Regularly flown. Latex paint. Matco tailwheel. Carlson aluminum wing struts.

Airframe has about 350 hours. Full logs. I bought it from the builder, Dick Navratil, built around 2006.

Search nx2rn, that's my son soloing it.

Will deliver to sun-n-fun, for free, you can fly it home! Other places possible. You buy it now, free storage and I'll deliver it to Brodhead. I love cross countries in this plane.

Tools
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (91.62 KiB) Viewed 34898 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (57.17 KiB) Viewed 34898 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (48.33 KiB) Viewed 34898 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (59.31 KiB) Viewed 34898 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (102.38 KiB) Viewed 34898 times
JCB

Re: PIetenpol Air Camper for sale

Post by JCB »

Hi,

I am interested.

Where is the airplane ? What is the price ? Is there s phone number I can call to learn more ?

John
john@jcblack.com
Tools

Post by Tools »

Oh, details!

Asking $10,000. Located just south of Chattanooga TN, in Chickamauga GA. Call 423-580-1383. Thanks!

Tools, who maybe thought you could tell by the snow...
Tools

Post by Tools »

Attempt two...

Asking $10,000. Located south of Chattanooga TN in Chickamauga GA. Call 523-580-2383.

Thanks!

Tools
ricekrgr

Post by ricekrgr »

My favorite photo of 2RN...
Attachments
Bob's phone 051.JPG
Bob's phone 051.JPG (1.07 MiB) Viewed 34872 times
Tools

Post by Tools »

Mine too!

Sorry we couldn't make it down, weather shortened our trip. Are you going to be around for sun and fun? Planning on bringing a squadron from up here. Folks are getting cabin fever pretty bad!

Mike
ricekrgr

Post by ricekrgr »

Hey Mike,

Not sure about Sun and Fun but I would like to, if we can I will let you know.

Bob
deadpilots

Post by deadpilots »

Please, you mention "short fuselage". I'm a newbie to Piets. Please explain.
Next, you mention single-piece wing. Is this feature unique or ???
Please/thank you, AP
miaoming

Post by miaoming »

Hi,

Is your plane still available for sale ?

Thank you,

Mark
dwilson

Post by dwilson »

Hello there,
I'm interested in this Pietenpol and live in the Chattanooga, TN area (near you!).
Is this still for sale?

Thanks,

Dave
darylin

Post by darylin »

Is this an old posting or is this Piet still for sale?
theflyingfireman

Post by theflyingfireman »

This posting was from almost a year ago.. Some are quite old.
alancayo

Post by alancayo »

Is your Pietenpol still for sale ?
Billposter5

Post by Billposter5 »

How much are you asking for it?
Raphi

Post by Raphi »

Dear seller,
Is the plan still for sale?
How much do you want for it?
Thanks!
Raphi
raphiblumenthal@gmail.com
Tools

Post by Tools »

Sorry not responsive, just a lot going on...

NX2RN is still for sale but here's the deal, I love the plane and don't really need to sell it. I just don't really need to keep it either. I'm asking $10,000. it's in annual, flies regularly, and has no real issues.

To be a show stopper it needs recovered and refurbished and all sorts of TLC. But as is, it's completely airworthy and as dependable as any airplane I've ever flown.

It's light, around 750 empty. Mid time a-65 with high time (nearing 500 hours) slick mags. It has a motorcycle battery on the firewall but I haven't used it in YEARS. Has a little (but darn useful) hikers type gps velcroed to the glare shield. Normal minimal complement of instruments. Front cockpit controls and throttle but no instruments there.

It's the short wood fuselage, one piece wing, motorcycle wheel straight axle landing gear with go kart brakes and a squeeze lever on the stick. It's about as straight forward as you can get, no frills, no vices.

Does has damage history, the gear collapsed which got rebuilt how it should have been built to begin with. Also precipitated a cabane strut rebuild to how it should have been to begin with, and an upgrade from internally rusted used something or another wing struts to aluminum Carlson struts. Bent the prop which was replaced and the engine was partially dismantled with all the gear parts magnafluxed, flange runout checked, all was good and remantled and flown a few hundred hours since with no issues. And it ground looped on pavement because of a front rudder pedal issue which precipitated a partial wing recover with a few rebuilt ribs (spar very carefully checked and had no issues), a horizontal stabilizer rebuild and a tail post rebuild.

So the covering has been repaired in quite a few places, and many fittings show a little surface rust. Despite these numerous things, I still want $10,000. I don't think it's ever gone more than a few months between flights. The tires need replaced, but the tubes are good. Its time to replace the bungees again, I can do that by myself in about two hours max...

I'm trying like mad to figure out how to get it up to Brodhead and Oshkosh this year, it's a really fun trip.

So if there's still interest, my number is 423 883 0721.

Tools
alancayo

Post by alancayo »

My Harley Davidson Ultra Classic with reverse gear and sidecar is for sale at $15,900. As there are many motorcycles for sale, I will probably not get full price as often is the case.

If you have any interest I would be happy to trade even for your Pietenpol (though I would not accept a $10,000 cash offer). I will provide details and photos as I see that my Craig's List and E-Bay listings have expired.

Let me know please, one way or the other (i.e., yes or no on interest to trade) and if yours has been sold or is off the market.

Thanks,

Alan
407-483-8728
Tools

Post by Tools »

Hmmm, yes, I would like details. Thanks, Mike, n0kkj@yahoo.com
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

Hey Tools-

Either there's a technical glitch with the website posting or else your Piet For Sale is the most-viewed thread ever seen on this list. It currently shows 13,016 views ;o) I know that the pictures you posted show your Air Camper topless and all (uncovered cockpits), but that's a lot of views!

Oscar Zuniga
Medford, OR
Air Camper NX41CC, A75 power
Tools

Post by Tools »

Hehe,

I didn't notice that. Not a glowing endorsement of my ability to sell something.... Which is cool.

Tried to go flying in 2rn yesterday, but found a hole in the exhaust. Anyone recognize the exhaust stacks? Are they Aeronca? Need some new ones.

Tools
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

Yes sir... those are off the shelf Aeronca stacks. Aircraft Spruce has them, but you're not going to like the price. I had some just like that on the A65 until they rusted through. Had a guy weld them here and there, then I blasted them and applied VHT and baked it, and they lasted a little longer but not much. When I got the A75, I had the guys at the automotive department weld me up a set of stacks from stainless, no more problems. They used the old stacks as a pattern but I added a flat plate between the Y on the starboard side stack to create more heated surface area inside the heat muff. In standard arrangement, I could barely get the tach needle to budge when applying carb heat, and after the carb ice incident I determined not to let that continue. My little writeup on that mod is here-

http://flysquirrel.net/piets/engine/carbheat.html

I may have a set of used Aeronca stacks in the hangar if you'd like for me to look.

Oscar Zuniga
Medford, OR
Air Camper NX41CC, A75 engine
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

PS, if you looked at the webpage that I linked to, you may be wondering about the plugged bung that's welded to the back of the aft stack, just down from where it bolts to the head. That's the port where my smoke system injects the oil (not connected at the moment), and I think I followed the directions that Mike Cuy gave for where he has his injection port situated. The bung is welded over a hole that's drilled in the stack to regulate the amount of oil that can get into the hot exhaust, but I forget what drill size the hole is. I started out with a hand-pump weed sprayer like Mikee uses to inject the oil, but you know engineers... watching Mikee flail and pump while in flight inspired me. We're always trying to bring good things to life so I found a molded plastic windshield washer reservoir off a Camaro or Firebird (I forget which), and it included the little electric pump right on the side of the reservoir. 12V from a little UPS battery and a pickle switch to activate the pump, and look out-! That long freight train loaded with gold ore from the Sierras is in my sights as I zoom in on it to knock out the engine with a burst from my guns and then I circle and land to capture the booty ;o)

I know... I'll never fit all that ore into my front cockpit, but I could rig up a way to refine it on the ground and then just have to load a few solid gold bars into the airplane and off we go. At 27.4 lbs per solid gold "Good Delivery Bar", that makes each bar worth about $600,000 on today's market!

It's incredible to think that I can hold nine or ten one-ounce gold coins in the palm of one hand and that handful of shiny metal is worth as much as my entire Air Camper.

-Oscar
Tools

Post by Tools »

Oh ya, please look! Let me know, summer is a burning!!

Thanks,

Tools, 423 883 0721