New member Kansas City metro

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
mattlockwood

New member Kansas City metro

Post by mattlockwood »

Hi everyone,

After a lot of thought and comparing plans, I decided to go with the Pietenpol, I think because I like the idea of working with wood, it’s history and simplicity.

Just ordered the plans, been reading a lot on this forum.

Any piets in the Kansas City metro?

Thanks!

Matt
Richard Roller

Re: New member Kansas City metro

Post by Richard Roller »

Matt.

I have Ken Perkins Piet, N34KP, at the Gardner airport on 175th. street. Not the old naval air station (New Century), but the little strip west of town.

The Piet is currently under repair in the tail area, but you are welcome to come see it anytime. Bring your camera.

Richard.
KenBickers

Post by KenBickers »

Welcome Matt. You may have already heard this, but you should try to make it to Brodhead, Wisconsin, this summer for the annual Pietenpol fly-in. It occurs every year on the Thursday-Sunday morning, just prior to EAA AirVenture. Bring a camera, maybe a notepad, and lots of questions. Also, pickup the Tony Bingelis books on homebuilding. They contain a wealth of information. Enjoy the build. Cheers, Ken

p.s. I'm in Longmont Colorado, about 45 miles north of Denver. So if you make it to the next big town west of Kansas City, drop a note. You'd be welcome to look over my Piet.
Earl Brown

Post by Earl Brown »

Hi Matt
You will also want to get a copy of AC 43-13
It's available in a physical copy as well as a PDF
mattlockwood

Post by mattlockwood »

Richard Roller wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:01 pm Matt.

I have Ken Perkins Piet, N34KP, at the Gardner airport on 175th. street. Not the old naval air station (New Century), but the little strip west of town.

The Piet is currently under repair in the tail area, but you are welcome to come see it anytime. Bring your camera.

Richard.
Thanks Richard, I’ll let you know when I can head that way. Really appreciate it!

Matt
Tbopper

Post by Tbopper »

I have N816MV a Pietenpol air camper at Noah's Ark I and the my grandson are just now starting to fly off the 40 hours of test flights. You are welcome at any time.
mattlockwood

Post by mattlockwood »

Great news! Not too far away. I’ll be in touch. Thank you!
mattlockwood

Post by mattlockwood »

Tbopper wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:12 pm I have N816MV a Pietenpol air camper at Noah's Ark I and the my grandson are just now starting to fly off the 40 hours of test flights. You are welcome at any time.
Sent you a private message tbopper. Thx!