Delete

For Sale and Wanted ads for Pietenpol related items may be posted here. Please remember to manage your ads when your items are sold.
Alan L

Delete

Post by Alan L »

Delete
Last edited by Alan L on Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
KenBickers

Re: WTB Pietenpol Three Piece Wings

Post by KenBickers »

Alan,

The wings are pretty straightforward to build. You'll need a bunch of ribs, a few components that comprise the internal structure of the wing panels, and a pair of spars for each wing. The hardest part these days is probably sourcing the wood for the spars. The most time consuming part is building the ribs. Even that can be done in a month of evenings. Alternatively, it usually isn't hard to buy a set of ribs. There's usually a guy at Brodhead at the annual Piet fly in that sells sets of ribs. You'd need to do some fabric covering. That, too, is a rewarding exercise and surprisingly easy.

Something to consider.

Cheers, Ken
Alan L

Re: WTB Pietenpol Three Piece Wings

Post by Alan L »

I do understand this. But it doesn't hurt to search and see whats out here. Maybe find the wing fittings or the spars. I am heading to Broadhead this year so I am hoping to make a few connections and see what I can find before I purchase a wing kit from Spruce and Company.

Alan