New Member in California

Discussion area for builders of Pietenpol aircraft, both beginners and experienced folks. Share ideas, ask questions and help build the Pietenpol community.
jdoucet

New Member in California

Post by jdoucet »

Evening everyone. I'm a new member in Riverside, California, just a stones throw from Flabob airport, the home of EAA 1, and a short drive from Aircraft Spruce. I've wanted to build an airplane since I was a kid, and the Pietenpol Air Camper is one that I keep coming back to. I recently joined the BPA and ordered and received the Builders Manual a few days ago. I think this is within my capabilities. Just have to negotiate with the "Boss" to purchase the plans. :D

~John
doug bryant

Re: New Member in California

Post by doug bryant »

welcome john! hope you can get plans and get started soon. if i can help, let me know. 316 250-7013
doug bryant
wichita ks
jdoucet

Post by jdoucet »

Thanks for the welcome Doug. The plans are a go once the tax return roles in (had to cut a deal :lol: ) I picked up the 1932 EAA Flying and Glider Manual from Aircraft Spruce today. I'm sure I'll have tons of questions as I move forward.

~John
TominEb

Post by TominEb »

I’m a new member living in LA also. I would like to help you build your plane before I start on one of my own. Since I am new they won’t let me PM you. Call my cell 310-343-0130 if you would like some help. Tom Phillips
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

If you had some time to spare, you could get up to Frazier Lake Airpark (near Hollister/Gilroy) the first weekend in June for the West Coast Piet Fly-In. Only about six hours' drive from Riverside ;o)

Oscar Zuniga
Medford, OR
Air Camper NX41CC, A75 power
Varmint

Post by Varmint »

Hi John, I'm also in Riverside.

Have you started on the PIet?

-Steve