WTB C85 Metal Prop

For Sale and Wanted ads for Pietenpol related items may be posted here. Please remember to manage your ads when your items are sold.
UglyElvis

WTB C85 Metal Prop

Post by UglyElvis »

Hello all! I’m looking for a metal prop for my C85 powered GN1. I believe somewhere around 71 in length by 46 pitch.

Thanks
UglyElvis

Re: WTB C85 Metal Prop

Post by UglyElvis »

Bringing this post back to the top.

Anyone have one of these props or something similar laying around?
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

Is a metal prop required to keep your plane's CG in the proper location, or do you just prefer metal props? I think there are some Gregas out there that tend to be tail heavy and need the weight up front. The reason I mention it is that I have a Prince P-Tip prop that might suit your C85 but I'd have to check to make sure.

Oscar Zuniga
Medford, OR
Air Camper NX41CC, A75 power
taildrags

Post by taildrags »

UglyElvis: the Prince prop that I have is a 68x42 and was originally built by Lonnie Prince for an O200-powered Skyote. The Skyote was designed to use a C90 engine, so that's close to what you have. I bought the prop to try on my A75 and to have as a spare. The A75 is rated full 75HP power at 2600 RPM and your C85 is rated at 2575, so that's very close. The C90 is rated for full takeoff power at 2625 RPM.

When I asked Lonnie about running this prop on my A75 he thought it might be too much prop, but you've got 10 HP more than my 75 does. What type of hub does your engine have? Most of those have the standard flanged hub with drive lugs, not the tapered shaft hub. This prop will fit a flanged hub with drive lugs.

-Oscar
UglyElvis

Post by UglyElvis »

Thanks for the reply Oscar. I do like the performance of a metal prop over wood but ultimately want the extra weight of metal to keep me more forward in the CG envelope. A metal prop is on average 12-15 pounds heavier, which makes quite a difference when we are talking the position that far forward of datum.

Thanks for the offer! At this point I’m still hopeful to find the correct metal prop for my C85 powered Grega.