Wanted: Corvair Prop

For Sale and Wanted ads for Pietenpol related items may be posted here. Please remember to manage your ads when your items are sold.
jeffreyuh60

Wanted: Corvair Prop

Post by jeffreyuh60 »

All,

My Pietenpol came with a Rehm 64-33 prop that is not airworthy. I have it installed for ground runs only and am in need of an airworthy replacement. Does anyone have an "extra" prop lying about the place? If not, who would make wooden prop? Are there any plans available? I may choose to make my own, if the need be.

Thank you.

Jeffrey Turner
651-335-5735
Jeffrey Turner
N39BF reserved
taildrags

Re: Wanted: Corvair Prop

Post by taildrags »

Jeffrey; there are resources for those who are interested in making their own props and several talented builders have posted their methods and progress on this forum, on the Piet facebook group, and on their own blogs. The thing is, the Corvair turns in the opposite direction from conventional aircraft engines and I don't know how one might go about reversing the templates or stations or guides to carve a reverse-turning prop from. In a CAD program things could be mirrored or flipped, but now I'm thinking way out ahead of myself.

Oscar Zuniga
Medford, OR
Air Camper NX41CC, A75 power
jeffreyuh60

Post by jeffreyuh60 »

Oscar,

I was contemplating that very idea last night. I would have much to learn, but I could use the old prop as a template. The added bonus is that it would be a great excuse to buy more tools! Further research is required on the subject, however.

Thank you.

JT
Jeffrey Turner
N39BF reserved
KenBickers

Post by KenBickers »

Jeffrey,

If you decide to go with a "store bought" prop, you might consider Culver Props. The props are affordable and the service is terrific. I'm fairly confident that Alayna builds props that work on Corvairs.

Cheers, Ken
jeffreyuh60

Post by jeffreyuh60 »

All,

Does anyone have Ed Sterba's contact information? I cannot find him on the internets.

Thank you.

Jeffrey Turner
GN-1 N39BF
Jeffrey Turner
N39BF reserved