Pietenpol-List: Sitka Spruce - was wing rib material

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: D.BELLISSIMO(at)littonlsl.com (BELLISSIMO, DOMENIC)
Thanks to all that responded regarding my question about wing ribmaterial. I have called Wicks and a catalog is on the way, and I'mgoing to check on the availability of western red cedar, yellow cedarand clear white pine.Now I have two questions:1. What is AC 43.13 and where can I get one?2. This morning I found a reference in the "Hot Line" column of the Juneissue of the EAA Experimenter regarding ac quality sika spuce. Icontacted the supplier and was told that they sell selected, materialcut to specifications any quanity up to 13 feet in length for a flat$6.50 a board foot plus shipping with no minimum order. Question, how does this compare with what others provide and charge?Bob B. - Missouri USA________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "John m. Greenlee"
This is a repeat transmission as I think the first one got lost. Ifyou have already seen this please delete...Thanks to all that responded regarding my question about wing ribmaterial. I have called Wicks and a catalog is on the way, and I'mgoing to check on the availability of western red cedar, yellow cedarand clear white pine.Now I have two questions:1. What is AC 43.13 and where can I get one?2. This morning I found a reference in the "Hot Line" column of the Juneissue of the EAA Experimenter regarding ac quality sika spuce. Icontacted the supplier and was told that they sell selected, materialcut to specifications any quanity up to 13 feet in length for a flat$6.50 a board foot plus shipping with no minimum order. Question, how does this compare with what others provide and charge?Bob B. - Missouri USA________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steve Eldredge
Sounds cheap.John________________________________________________________________________________