Pietenpol-List: Introduction to the Pietenpol group

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Introduction to the Pietenpol group

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "ernest l. hagness"
Hi!I joined the group a couple weeks ago, but I have been so busy I just haven'tfound time to introduce myself until now. I've really enjoyed the discussions.My name is J. and I live in the Bay Area of California. On weekends I help out with the restoration of old planes at an antique aircraft museum in San Martin. I don't know how rare female restorers are, but I am one and I would like to become one of the best restorers around.I was amazed to come across all this information about Pietenpols on the Web.Very useful since at the aicraft museum, we are in the middle of a Pietenpol restoration. I only wish there was this much information about Piper Cubs out there, figure that one out!I would like to restore an old discarded Cub. I am not sure of the model yet, (J3, L-4, Super Cub) but I would like to be able to do some aerobatics in the Cub and survive it. I looking into the pros and cons of each model, then I willbegin the hunt for my dilapidated Cub. If anyone has any suggestions re: theCub, since it is not Pietenpol related, email me directly. Thanks!J. SunlinSun Microsystems Inc.email: jay@pooh-bah.eng.sun.com________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Introduction to the Pietenpol group

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Brad Schultz
> I joined the group a couple weeks ago, but I have been so busy I just haven't> found time to introduce myself until now. I've really enjoyed the discussions.> > My name is J. and I live in the Bay Area of California. On weekends I help > out with the restoration of old planes at an antique aircraft museum in > San Martin. I don't know how rare female restorers are, but I am one and I > would like to become one of the best restorers around.> > I was amazed to come across all this information about Pietenpols on the Web.> Very useful since at the aicraft museum, we are in the middle of a Pietenpol> restoration. I only wish there was this much information about Piper Cubs out> there, figure that one out!> > I would like to restore an old discarded Cub. I am not sure of the model yet,> (J3, L-4, Super Cub) but I would like to be able to do some aerobatics in the> Cub and survive it. I looking into the pros and cons of each model, then I will> begin the hunt for my dilapidated Cub. If anyone has any suggestions re: the> Cub, since it is not Pietenpol related, email me directly. Thanks!> > J. Sunlin> Sun Microsystems Inc.> email: jay@pooh-bah.eng.sun.com> > Marry us all J., puhleeeeeeeeezzzzzz!________________________________________________________________________________