Pietenpol-List: back up

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: back up

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: mike cushway
Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: back up>Richard>> Contact my dad I think he is the world authority on the autogyros>Bill Hannan>runway(at)prodigy.com>>Thanks Ken>--->> Richard>>>> P.S., If theres anyone on this mailing list that knows anything about>> autogyros (1930's style, not the modern gyros), please contact me. I am>> starting a site for that too (eventually I want to build a replica or>> scaled down Cierva autogyro). Thanks!>>>>>> ===>> "Lady, you want me to answer you if this old airplane is safe to fly?Just>how in the world do you think it got to be this old?" - Jim Tavenner>> --------------------------------------------------------->> Visit www.AirCamper.org - A Low 'n Slow Online Community!>> --------------------------------------------------------->> My homepage: http://www.AirCamper.org/w3builder>> >>>>>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: John Greenlee
Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: back up>Richard>> Contact my dad I think he is the world authority on the autogyros>Bill Hannan>runway(at)prodigy.com>>Thanks Ken>--->> Richard>>>> P.S., If theres anyone on this mailing list that knows anything about>> autogyros (1930's style, not the modern gyros), please contact me. I am>> starting a site for that too (eventually I want to build a replica or>> scaled down Cierva autogyro). Thanks!>>>>>> ===>> "Lady, you want me to answer you if this old airplane is safe to fly?Just>how in the world do you think it got to be this old?" - Jim Tavenner>> --------------------------------------------------------->> Visit www.AirCamper.org - A Low 'n Slow Online Community!>> --------------------------------------------------------->> My homepage: http://www.AirCamper.org/w3builder>> >>>>>>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Mike Cunningham
Subject: Pietenpol-List: back up>Site is back up.>http://www.AirCamper.org.>>Richard>>P.S., If theres anyone on this mailing list that knows anything about>autogyros (1930's style, not the modern gyros), please contact me. I am>starting a site for that too (eventually I want to build a replica or>scaled down Cierva autogyro). Thanks!>>>===>"Lady, you want me to answer you if this old airplane is safe to fly? Justhow in the world do you think it got to be this old?" - Jim Tavenner>--------------------------------------------------------->Visit www.AirCamper.org - A Low 'n Slow Online Community!>--------------------------------------------------------->My homepage: http://www.AirCamper.org/w3builder>>___ ... __________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael D Cuy
Site is back up.http://www.AirCamper.org.RichardP.S., If theres anyone on this mailing list that knows anything aboutautogyros (1930's style, not the modern gyros), please contact me. I amstarting a site for that too (eventually I want to build a replica orscaled down Cierva autogyro). Thanks!==="Lady, you want me to answer you if this old airplane is safe to fly? Just howin the world do you think it got to be this old?" - Jim Tavenner---------------------------------------------------------Visit www.AirCamper.org - A Low 'n Slow Online Community!---------------------------------------------------------My homepage: http://www.AirCamper.org/w3builder_____ ... __________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ken Beanlands
Richard, if you want to know anything about autogyros (and the Cierva in particular), suggest you try to contact Stephen Pitcairn, in Bryb Athyn, PA. His dad, Harold, designed and built the Pitcairn Mailwing, and started Pitcairn Aviation, which became Eastern Airlines. Anyway, Steve's dad became interested in the autogyro, obtained the U.S. license for the design, developed and patented several designs of his own, and, I believe, when he died owned more BASIC patents for rotor wing aircraft than the other designers combined. Stephen is big in EAA, so you might contact him through them.Ed________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Richard DeCosta
Richard, there is a scale model of the Cierva C.4 available from "AutogyroCompany of Arizona", 888-783-0101. $179, this is not a beginners machinefrom a flying standpoint. They also have plans and video.-----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Richard DeCosta
Steve also owns the only flying PCA-2 left. The PCA-2 he owns, Miss Champion, wasowned by Champion Spark Plugs and set the world altitude record for autogyroaircraft back in the '30's. That record still stands today! He obtained MissChampion from Alec Miller, a good friend of my grandfater. Unfortunatly Alecpassed away a few years ago. The autogyro was stored in his barn in Vermont formany years, along with alec's collection of Stutz automobiles that were sold atauction shortly after his death.Ed0248(at)aol.com wrote:> Richard, if you want to know anything about autogyros (and the Cierva in> particular), suggest you try to contact Stephen Pitcairn, in Bryb Athyn, PA.> His dad, Harold, designed and built the Pitcairn Mailwing, and started> Pitcairn Aviation, which became Eastern Airlines. Anyway, Steve's dad became> interested in the autogyro, obtained the U.S. license for the design,> developed and patented several designs of his own, and, I believe, when he> died owned more BASIC patents for rotor wing aircraft than the other> designers combined. Stephen is big in EAA, so you might contact him through> them.>> Ed--David B.Schober, CPEInstructor, Aviation MaintenanceFairmont State CollegeNational Aerospace Education Center1050 East Benedum Industrial DriveBridgeport, WV 26330-9503(304) 842-8300________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Mike Cunningham
Richard Contact my dad I think he is the world authority on the autogyrosBill Hannanrunway(at)prodigy.comThanks Ken---> Richard>> P.S., If theres anyone on this mailing list that knows anything about> autogyros (1930's style, not the modern gyros), please contact me. I am> starting a site for that too (eventually I want to build a replica or> scaled down Cierva autogyro). Thanks!>>> ===> "Lady, you want me to answer you if this old airplane is safe to fly? Justhow in the world do you think it got to be this old?" - Jim Tavenner> ---------------------------------------------------------> Visit www.AirCamper.org - A Low 'n Slow Online Community!> ---------------------------------------------------------> My homepage: http://www.AirCamper.org/w3builder> >>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ken Hannan
Is that the same Hannan as Hannan's Hanger?-----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Andrew Schneider
Mikeyes it isKen________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ken Hannan
Somewhere I ran accrossed a "Hannan's Runway".....is the same fella?-----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Earl Myers
Yes that's my mom & dads businesswww.hrunway.com----- Original Message -----________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

> Re: back up

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Cushway, Mike"
> Subject: Re: back up>>> >Richard> >> > Contact my dad I think he is the world authority on the autogyros> >Bill Hannan> >runway(at)prodigy.com> >> >Thanks Ken> >---> >> Richard> >>> >> P.S., If theres anyone on this mailing list that knows anything about> >> autogyros (1930's style, not the modern gyros), please contact me. I am> >> starting a site for that too (eventually I want to build a replica or> >> scaled down Cierva autogyro). Thanks!> >>> >>> >> ===> >> "Lady, you want me to answer you if this old airplane is safe to fly?> Just> >how in the world do you think it got to be this old?" - Jim Tavenner> >> ---------------------------------------------------------> >> Visit www.AirCamper.org - A Low 'n Slow Online Community!> >> ---------------------------------------------------------> >> My homepage: http://www.AirCamper.org/w3builder> >> > >>> >>> >> >>________________________________________________________________________________