Pietenpol-List: Thanks for the tip!

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Thanks for the tip!

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: walter evans
I can't remember who submitted the idea of grinding off the back of ahacksaw blade and putting it in a jig saw, but boy does it make thecutting easier! I tried it on the corvair motor mount attchment lugs(1/8 inch stock) and did in 5 minutes what would have taken an hour todo manually. Wish I had known it sooner, probably have cut off (no pun intended)about 100 hours of hacksawing!Great tip, great group! -=Ian=-________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Thanks for the tip!

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Ian Holland
Your welcome.Doug
matronics

> Thanks for the tip!

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Gary Gower
> > I can't remember who submitted the idea of grinding off the back of a> hacksaw blade and putting it in a jig saw, but boy does it make the> cutting easier! I tried it on the corvair motor mount attchment lugs> (1/8 inch stock) and did in 5 minutes what would have taken an hour to> do manually. > > Wish I had known it sooner, probably have cut off (no pun intended)> about 100 hours of hacksawing!> > Great tip, great group! > > -=Ian=-> ________________________________________________________________________________