Pietenpol-List: Re: Need a Pietenpol Placard

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Roy Dahlstrom"
Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Need a Pietenpol Placard>>>Does anybody know where we can get a placard for a Pietenpol? A friendhere>(Larry Harrison) is making tremendous headway on his Scout project. The>Scout now has>a covered and paainted wing. Fuselage is complete and painted. Engine is>built and ready to mount.>So he asked me to try and find where he can get a "placard" to mount inthe>instrument panel.>You know - the ones that say "BH Pietenpol Company" (Or something like>that)>It seems like I saw some once on the net but for the life of me I cannott>remember where.>>Some of you may remember Larry as the builder/owner/pilot of "Poplar Piet".>Yes it's flying nearly every day and the Chevy engine is doing great.>Probably 175 to 200 hours on it now. However it's younger brother (the>Scout) is about to hatch.>>If somebody can tell us where to find a placard I would appreciate it.>Thanks,>>Bert>bconoly(at)surfsouth.com>>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "B and V Dearinger"
Does anybody know where we can get a placard for a Pietenpol? A friend here(Larry Harrison) is making tremendous headway on his Scout project. TheScout now hasa covered and paainted wing. Fuselage is complete and painted. Engine isbuilt and ready to mount.So he asked me to try and find where he can get a "placard" to mount in theinstrument panel.You know - the ones that say "BH Pietenpol Company" (Or something likethat)It seems like I saw some once on the net but for the life of me I cannottremember where.Some of you may remember Larry as the builder/owner/pilot of "Poplar Piet".Yes it's flying nearly every day and the Chevy engine is doing great.Probably 175 to 200 hours on it now. However it's younger brother (theScout) is about to hatch.If somebody can tell us where to find a placard I would appreciate it.Thanks,Bertbconoly(at)surfsouth.com________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Need a Pietenpol Placard

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Conoly
Check the aircamper.org listing.-----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Lawrence V Williams
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: 115% PietenpolRodger,You're absolutely right about it not really being a Peitenpol. It willlook like a Peitenpol, sort of, "Now wait just a minute, something's alittle out of whack here. I hope that this condition is reversable orI'm going to be about three feet tall by 4 o'clock this afternoon!"Yes, all material sizes, wire sizes, fittings and parts will have to bejudged specifically for the new design. It will probably take muchlonger to build, just because of the time that it will take to make surethat all stresses are accounted for. Your comment on the carry throughbetween the lower strut fittings under the fuselage is a good example.No one should try something this unless they are pretty secure in theirdesign abilities.Lauren ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 20:19:22 -0500Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Need a Pietenpol Placard
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gary Leopold"
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Need a Pietenpol PlacardBert Conoly...When I didn't see any response to your request for a source on the Piet instrument panel placard I dug into my BPAN back issues and found info on the one you describe. I bought one and have it on my panel. The article is on page 3 of the 2nd quarter 1990. Perhaps others on the list would also like to have the details. Have Larry write to Brian Amato, 3871 Whispering Oaks Drive, Traverse City, Mi. 49684 (no phone # available) His price at that time was $7.50 including postage. It is quite well done and worth the price, even if he has gone up a bit. For anyone getting started on building a Piet I strongly suggest you try to get all of the back issues of the BPAN you can. The first issue was in 1983 and there have been 4 issues per month to date but it will be discontinued at the end of the year unless someone steps up to continue it. Virtually every question I have see come through from the list has been answered or at least addressed in the back issues. Contact BPAN editor Grant McLaren to see if he still has some availableDon Hicks ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Lawrence V Williams
You don't want much do you? What type of "placard" are we talking about?----------
matronics

> Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Need a Pietenpol Placard

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: fishin
> > > > writes:> >> >> >> >Does anybody know where we can get a placard for a Pietenpol? > > > The placard you described was the creation of Brian Amato in TVC. He no> longer does that sort of thing and has gone on to other interests. > > But, I'll sell you mine for 4 pieces of spruce about 1"x5" and 14' long.> > Larry> > > ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 21:45:04 -0600