Pietenpol-List: must unsubscribe for now

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: must unsubscribe for now

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Doug"
Please unsubscribe me from this excellent group, I was in themiddle of career change and move and decided to do anothercarreer change and move and have to many irons in the fire! Or if there is someone who can tell me the place to go to unsubscribeI would appreciate it!I am moving from Hardy Ar. to west of E-town Ky. Russell Ray________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Lack of Class

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Conoly"
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Lack of Class>>Hi Mike,> Free speech is a valid and dependable virtue of our society. In myhumble>opinion, this is rather like coming into a nice family restaurant and then>having to sit next to a low-class swearing loudmouth idiot who proceeds toruin>an otherwise pleasant event for the rest of the group with language and>behaviour that is protected by free speech and is still disgusting.> It would be much preferable if you could in fact BE SO KIND as to takethis>free speech to your favourite dirt floor bar and communicate with those whofind>you charming and delightful.> Medic, 9th Infantry: Bear Cat & Dong Tam: 1968-1969.> It also says a great deal about the origional contributor, whoacknowledges>in his item, that viewed from the bright side, his life is still a piece of>sh*t.> Another valid and dependable free speech viewpoint.>Cheers,>Warren.>>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "walter evans"
Doug;Your arrogance is only surpassed by your ignorance. Sending out a quote tonumerous lists, numerous times does not make it anymore acceptable or lessoffensive. Your explanation is one of the weakest excuses I have heard.Firstoff, Steve asked politely for you to remove the comment. He did not saywhat wasoffensive. Secondly, Steve relinquished the list some time back.Personally, Iadmire Steve for speaking up. Steve is a man of honor, integrity, andclass. Inthe years I have been reading the posts from this list, he has been agentleman.He has done a lot for a lot of people on here. His was but a simplerequest. You,like so many self-centered, me-first, crybabies attempted to justify yourchildishactions, instead of being a man and apologizing. It is for you and yourtype thatI feel very sorry for. For Steve, and his type, we need more of "those"around.He would be the one I would call "friend".RegardsBill TalbertBILL,you may want to check who sent the "signature",i was replying toMike's post,not composing it.DOUG HUNT________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Warren Shoun
Warren,You hit it right on the head.walt5 nuclear Polaris patrols, north Atlantic, '67-'71-----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "walter evans"
Alright Already!I tried to stay out of this but I just can't.You know, Mikes original choice of signature may be a bit crass in somepeoples eyes. It may be rude in others. I agree with the analogy ofsitting in a restaurant and having someone spout profanities with yourfamily sitting there. But ya know, this aint Shoneys. We all are grownups. I'm sure there are some here that wouldn't dare utter a " Aw shoot"or "Dang". Thats good.Maybe, when in doubt, we all should try to be more cognizant of the thingsthat may make some people uncomfortable, I guess thats just common COURTESYthat keeps crass people like me from Burping at the table (or worse).Lets just drop it!!!For what it's worth, Monty Python IS funny as HE..... !HECK!There, are ya'll satisfied.Later, Bert----- Original Message -----
matronics

> Re: Pietenpol-List: Lack of Class

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: vistin(at)juno.com
> Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Lack of Class>>> >> >Hi Mike,> > Free speech is a valid and dependable virtue of our society. In my> humble> >opinion, this is rather like coming into a nice family restaurant andthen> >having to sit next to a low-class swearing loudmouth idiot who proceedsto> ruin> >an otherwise pleasant event for the rest of the group with language and> >behaviour that is protected by free speech and is still disgusting.> > It would be much preferable if you could in fact BE SO KIND as totake> this> >free speech to your favourite dirt floor bar and communicate with thosewho> find> >you charming and delightful.> > Medic, 9th Infantry: Bear Cat & Dong Tam: 1968-1969.> > It also says a great deal about the origional contributor, who> acknowledges> >in his item, that viewed from the bright side, his life is still a pieceof> >sh*t.> > Another valid and dependable free speech viewpoint.> >Cheers,> >Warren.> >> >>>________________________________________________________________________________