Pietenpol-List: Strut fittings

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Strut fittings

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: del magsam
Subject: Pietenpol-List: Strut fittingsI am about to drill the long fuselage for the cabane fittings and I am not sure about the note "3/4 x 3" Filler for strut fitting" on the plans. Where doesthis thing go exactly? And what is it? Does it reinforce the cross strut that has to be cut to fit the front fittings? I read some discussion on this on the British site but still don'tunderstand . Please someone out there help before I do something stupid. Thanks.GeorgeSugar Land, Texas________________________________________________________________________________Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 18:26:18 -0700 (PDT)
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: Strut fittings

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Peter W Johnson"
George, The 3/4" x 3" filler glues to the rear of the fuselage uprights (actually the back of the front seat support). Not sure why BHP didn't just move the seat back 3/4", but there must have been a reason for it.Rod WoollerChidlowAustralia>From: Gdascomb(at)aol.com>Reply-To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com>To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com>Subject: Pietenpol-List: Strut fittings>Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 20:34:38 EDT>>>I am about to drill the long fuselage for the cabane fittings and I am not>sure about the note "3/4 x 3" Filler for strut fitting" on the plans. Where >does>this thing go exactly? And what is it?> Does it reinforce the cross strut that has to be cut to fit the front>fittings? I read some discussion on this on the British site but still >don't>understand .> Please someone out there help before I do something stupid. Thanks.>George>Sugar Land, Texas>>ninemsn Extra Storage is now available. 30MB of storage on ninemsn Groups - great for sharing photos and documents. Go to ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Strut fittings

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
George,As far as I understand the 3/4" x 3" is bit of reinforcement only. Thestruts mount on the fuse uprights. Check outhttp://www.pjshenton.go-plus.net/default.htm. Go to Builders Notes -Fuselage. Half way down is an article on the fittings. Check out thedimensions of the fittings on the center section and the fuse. Seems thatboth ways work!Hope that helps.Peter.Wonthaggi, VicAustralia-----Original Message-----
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: Strut fittings

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ken Rickards
>>>I am about to drill the long fuselage for the cabane fittings and I am >not sure about the note "3/4 x 3" Filler for strut fitting" on the >plans. Where does this thing go exactly? And what is it?> Does it reinforce the cross strut that has to be cut to fit the front>fittings? I read some discussion on this on the British site but still >don't>understand .> Please someone out there help before I do something stupid. Thanks.>George>Sugar Land, Texas>>ninemsn Extra Storage is now available. 30MB of storage on ninemsn Groups - great for sharing photos and documents. Go to advertising on the Matronics Forums.Share: Share photos & files with other List members.________________________________________________________________________________