Pietenpol-List: wood landing gear

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "wdmelvin(at)netzero.net"
Subject: Pietenpol-List: wood landing gearI'm about to build the landing gear and as I study the plans I see that both sidesangle back toward the tailwheel. Several people have told me that when theybuild theirs that getting this angle just right causes difficulty. I justdon't understand why you'd have to angle it anyway because the axle passes straightthru. Con someone enlighten me?Tom B.________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: wood landing gear

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Phillips, Jack"
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: wood landing gear

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "tmbrant1(at)netzero.com"
TomIf you need help with setting them up, give me a call. Also, I have a spare set you can use a guide to setting yours up.Dick N.----- Original Message -----
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: wood landing gear

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Oscar Zuniga"
Subject: RE: Pietenpol-List: wood landing gearI'd be interested in seeing the photos.Tom B.________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: helspersew(at)aol.com
Hi Dan,I personally know of a safety cable which gave way at the swage when thebungees broke on that side. It just slipped through. I think a few swagesmight have worked, especially if the cable went around twice. Douwe________________________________________________________________________________Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 09:37:33 -0500