Pietenpol-List: steel fittings & bracing wires

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Peter W Johnson"
Subject: Pietenpol-List: steel fittings & bracing wiresOn the plans sheet of the "improved" air camper from the Pietenpol family, thedwg of the extended fuselage has some metal fittings on the bottom of the sheet.One of the fittings just says "Up to wing". What is this piece for? It appearsto be an engine mount fitting but I don't get the tab on top.I'm working on the tail section and wondering what people are using for bracingwire, turnbuckles, etc.. Tom B.________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: steel fittings & bracing wires

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Tom,It provides the bottom fitting for the front cabane strut. (It is usedinstead of cross bracing between front and rear cockpits. Check out the "Control Cables" under "Material Lists" ofhttp://www.cpc-world.com for details on turnbuckles etc.CheersPeterWonthaggi Australiahttp://www.cpc-world.com-----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jeff Boatright
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: steel fittings & bracing wires

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> tmbrant1(at)netzero.com
Hi Tom That lower metal fitting is the upper motor mount . The tab on the top isfor drag bracing for the wing if you don't use the cross bracing that wasused on the early campers.With this bracing it makes it a lot easier to get in thefront hole.As for the tail we used 3/32 cable 7 by 7 in SS. With MS20667-3 MS21260-53lh An155-16S Barrel & AN161-16RS ForkDale In Mpls> [Original Message]
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: steel fittings & bracing wires

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "wdmelvin(at)netzero.net"
> Subject: Pietenpol-List: steel fittings & bracing wires>>> On the plans sheet of the "improved" air camper from the Pietenpolfamily, the dwg of the extended fuselage has some metal fittings on thebottom of the sheet. One of the fittings just says "Up to wing". What isthis piece for? It appears to be an engine mount fitting but I don't getthe tab on top.>> I'm working on the tail section and wondering what people are using forbracing wire, turnbuckles, etc.. >> Tom B.>>> > > >________________________________________________________________________________