Pietenpol-List: wing Spars

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: wing Spars

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: amsafetyc(at)aol.com
Hi,The best way to "fast track" a project in my opnion is to find a project for sale and stand on someone else's shoulders. Just gotta make sure they were a good builder.You'll usually save a bunch of money as well.Another huge time saver, if you've got the funds, is to just pay somebody to do your engine for you. Douwe________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: wing SparsDate: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:51:01 -0400
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: wing Spars

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jack T. Textor"
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: fast tracking a project

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Yes. I'm seriously looking at every solution right now. Time is passingtoo quickly.Bob -----Original Message-----
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: wing Spars

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Oscar Zuniga"
Hi John...The Britt's have a built up spar for the Piet that is pretty much their standard spar set up. It is approved by their federal organization ( I forget the designation offhand, PFA or something like that ). The fellow who engineered it and sells plans for it will not sell them in the U.S. because of litigation worries. It is a C section spar with a 1/8" plywood web and spruce or fir caps. Last time I was at Brodhead in 2005 there was a fellow there with a set he had built. The rear spars have slightly smaller caps than the front ones. Ed G.>From: amsafetyc(at)aol.com>Reply-To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com>To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com>Subject: Pietenpol-List: wing Spars>Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:51:01 -0400>> Has anyone used and engineered truss design for the wing spars, I was >curious about weight using a lower weight system that had equal or greater >strength rigidity and flex characteristic's. If anyone has used such a >system or researched it I would be interested in the findings along with >the build materials, dimensions and methodology.>>Thanks>>John>________________________________________________________________________>Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security >tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, >free AOL Mail and more.________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Bill Church"
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Thanks Bill,Just waiting for the wind to die down so I can finish painting the lastwing.Should be ready for some taxi tests at the end of the month.CheersPeterWonthaggi, Australiahttp://www.cpc-world.com-----Original Message-----
matronics

> > Pietenpol-List: wing Spars

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Rick Holland"
> >> > Has anyone used and engineered truss design for the wing spars, I was> >curious about weight using a lower weight system that had equal or> greater> >strength rigidity and flex characteristic's. If anyone has used such a> >system or researched it I would be interested in the findings along with> >the build materials, dimensions and methodology.> >> >Thanks> >> >John> >________________________________________________________________________> >Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and> security> >tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the> web,> >free AOL Mail and more.>>-- Rick Holland"Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers, that smell bad"________________________________________________________________________________Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:21:26 -0700