Pietenpol-List: weight of NX41CC

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: weight of NX41CC

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gordon Bowen"
Per digital race car scales, with 3 qts. oil and any unusable fuel, 41CC weighs 633 lbs.I don't believe in weighing without unusable fuel and minimum operating oil, and consider it to be part of the basic empty weight.I weigh 151 lbs. according to the same scales, before I drank a beer and after I drained my internal tank. Prior to doing the W&B I flew 0.6 hrs. to burn off some fuel in the airplane's tank, drained the rest, and did the W&B. Also checked the mechanical tach against a digital "True Tach" and found the following:RPM- mechanical tach/digital tach1000/9001500/13302000/18402200/2000This explains why I can set power in level cruise and exceed redline (2250 RPM) on this engine so easily... it's reading about 200 RPM high when in that range. Now I know I can safely cruise it at 2450 indicated, which is where it likes to cruise anyway. With this prop I really need an A75 to take full advantage ;o)Another delightful day of playing with the Pietenpol!Oscar ZunigaSan Antonio, TXmailto: taildrags(at)hotmail.comwebsite at http://www.flysquirrel.net_________________________________________________________________Picture this share your photos and you could win big! http://www.GETREALPhotoContest.com?ocid ... __________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Continental Motor Mount Jigs Photos?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Ben Charvet"
Ben,I think we still have the A-75 motor mount laying around the hanger in Palatka. Think my builder buddies may have taken it to S&fun and sold same but you're welcome to use it as a jig if it's still there. Contact me off group at gbowen(at)ptialaska.net and I'll give you the guy's telephone number in Satsuma that you'd need to contact.Gordon----- Original Message -----
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Continental Motor Mount Jigs Photos?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: shad bell
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: weight of NX41CC

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Oscar Zuniga"
Hey OscarI want to order 3 of you beautiful data plates, but I can't remember the important info. What is your address and how much?Dick N.----- Original Message -----
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: weight of NX41CC

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Dick Navratil"
Oscar,Can you post a photo of the data plate?Thank youGene----- Original Message -----
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: weight of NX41CC

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "walt evans"
>> ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 09:33:13 -0400