From: got22b(at)subarubrat.comTo: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com Pietenp

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

From: got22b(at)subarubrat.comTo: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com Pietenp

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: got22b(at)subarubrat.comTo: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.comSubject: Pietenp
Hey Scott,Stitts has a number of fabric packages for homebuilts and they do have one for the Pietenpol. It includes all of the fabric, stitching and tapes as well as the chemicals to silver. Check out their website or give them a call. They are in Ohio. Shipping is a little bit costly because of the nature of the dangerous goods. We have a supplier agent in Toronto so I'm sure there must be a network throughout the USA. My guy quoted me $5200.00 Cdn last year which included a single colour.Best of luck.Scott KnowltonSlow builder in Burlington Ontario
matronics

From: taildrags(at)hotmail.comTo: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com Pietenp

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: taildrags(at)hotmail.comTo: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.comSubject: Pietenp
Thanks Oscar and whoever it was that sent the pictures of Bill Rewey's style toe brake set up. I was trying to keep my cockpits as free of mechanical stuff as possible but might have to reconsider. I didn't realize that the Azusa drums were too thin for something as heavy as a Piet. A friend said he has used them on his Piet and they work good for him. I have a used Goodyear hydraulic brake set up but the spines in the wheel that engage the brake rotors in one of the wheels are baddly worn that's mainly why I was thinking of adapting them to the Asuzas. If I can find a good used wheel I might go with the hydraulic toe brakes. Thanks for the great input. Back to the drawing board. Ed G.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: wayne(at)taildraggersinc.com
Air Camper NX41CC has toe brakes exactly like the Bill Reweydetail and like several others have shown. I really like them.I used to think that I'd like heel brakes better since that's whatI cut my teeth on in my J-3 Cub training days=2C but the rudder baron the Piet makes it not so easy to deal with heel brakes. The"Bill Rewey" toe brake setup is simple=2C effective=2C and it puts thebrake masters where they are quite easy to inspect and service.My other project=2C the M-19 Flying Squirrel=2C uses Azusa mechanicaldrum brakes and even though I have not flown them yet=2C I've heard(and seen for myself) that the drums are quite thin and easy to getout of round with heavy brake application. I had mine trued up ona lathe but even so=2C they are quite lightweight and prone to distortion.I'd go with Tracy O'Brien modified Azusas (www.TracyObrien.com) onsomething the size of a Piet. They are used on KRs and work fine.Oscar ZunigaAir Camper NX41CCSan Antonio=2C TXmailto: taildrags@hotmail.comwebsite at http://www.flysquirrel.net________________________________________________________________________________