Pietenpol-List: Brodhead camping

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Brodhead camping

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Douwe Blumberg"
I've never stayed at the are motels, but I know there are some around, someone else can answer that one.Camping is allowed, they ask for a donation which is very fair, and there are showers.My wife and I camp each year we can make it and it's one lf the highlights of our year.Douwe________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead camping

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Bill Church"
Don't know about yours but I'm pulling mine on to the field againJohnSent from my iPhoneOn May 30, 2013, at 10:05 PM, "John Francis" wrote:> > Would they allow me to pull my camper onto the grounds?> > --------> John Francis> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 637#401637> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead camping
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: On to Brodhead fly-in, Indiana, July 23

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Amsafetyc
Camping is encouraged at Brodhead with a few "rules". Remember to pay yourcamping "donation" at the little table under the covered tables, it's likefive bucks or so and you get a souvenir pin and help their efforts.Campers, tents etc in areas on the east wide of the closed runway which isthe area next to the entrance road where all the hangars are. People campalong the treeline on the west side of the closed runway but it isdesignated ONLY for tent camping and last year they wouldn't even let avehicle drive over there, you had to carry all your stuff across.Douwe________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: On to Brodhead fly-in, Indiana, July 23
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Rick Schreiber
As Douwe said, camping at Brodhead is operated on a donation basis. However, Iwould suggest that the donation be a little more generous than five bucks. Thatwould barely cover the cost of the souvenir pin, let alone renting the porta-pottiesand providing hot water for showers. I think twenty per person mightbe a better starting point (feel free to go up from there). Typical fees ata campground run at least 20 dollars a night, so it's still a bargain.Bill C.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 08:40:44 -0500
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "tools"
I am planning my trek to Brodhead. We will be coming from Florida dragging ourpopup camper, rather than the aircamper. This will be my first time camping atBrodhead. I will have my wife and 8 year old grandson with me. Are there anyshower facilities on site? Any advice on where to set up?Sent from my iPhone> On May 4, 2015, at 11:13 PM, wheelharp wrote:> > > Oh wow...that is beautiful! Congratulations.> > --------> Jon Jones> Ironton, MO> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 724#441724> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead camping
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Cuy, Michael D. (GRC-LME0)[Vantage Partners, LLC]"
I think there are four shower stalls. Bring soaps,shampoos and towels. They'refree. There really isn't a best place, sort of depends on the situation...Want seclusion or in the middle of the action? Very flexible, basically set upwhere you want, very few formal rules. No registration, reservation or anything,just come and enjoy.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Brodhead camping

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jack
DQpLZW4tLS0tV2F5IHRvIGdvLCBqdXN0IGEgYmVhdXRpZnVsIGxvb2tpbmcgUGlldGVucG9sIHlvdSBoYXZlIGJ1aWx0IGFuZCB5b3UgaGF2ZSBjcm9zc2VkIHRoZSBmaW5pc2ggbGluZSEgICAgVGhlIDJuZCBoYWxmIChldmVuIG1vcmUgZnVuKSBvZiB5b3VyIGpvdXJuZXkgaGFzIGp1c3QgYmVndW4uDQpZb3UgYXJlIGdvaW5nIHRvIGhhdmUgYSB2ZXJ5IGVuam95YWJsZSBzdW1tZXIhDQoNClNlY29uZCByZWFzb24tLS1mYW50YXN0aWMgbmV3cyBKYWNrIHRoYXQgeW91IHdlcmUgYWJsZSB0byBsYW5kIHNhZmVseSB3aXRoIHlvdXIgcnVkZGVyIGJhciBpc3N1ZSBhbmQgdGhhdCB5b3VyIGZyaWVuZHMgd2VyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlbHAgeW91IG1ha2UgdGhlIHJlcGFpcnMgZm9yIHlvdXIgcmV0dXJuDQp0cmlwLg0KDQpJIHdpbGwgYmUgaW5zcGVjdGluZyBteSBydWRkZXIgYmFyIHBpdm90IHBvaW50IHNob3J0bHkgYW5kIHRoaXMgeWVhciBJIHdpbGwsIGJlY2F1c2Ugb2YgeW91ciBzdG9yeSwgcmVtb3ZlIHRoZSBydWRkZXIgYmFyIGFuZCBpbnNwZWN0LCBmbGV4LCBhbmQgdGFrZSBhIHZlcnkgY2xvc2UgbG9vayBhdCBteSBwaXZvdCBib2x0Lg0KSSBoYXZlIGFsd2F5cyBiZWVuIHN1cnByaXNlZCBhdCB0aGUgYW1vdW50IG9mIOKAmHVwIGRvd27igJkgbW92ZW1lbnQgb24gbXkgYmFyIHRvd2FyZHMgdGhlIGZsb29yYm9hcmQgYW5kIHVwd2FyZC0tLS10aG91Z2ggbm90IG11Y2ggaXQgc2VlbXMgYXMgYml0IG1vcmUgdGhhbiBJIHdvdWxkIGxpa2UgYnV0IHRoZW4NCmFnYWluLCBzbyBmYXIsIHNvIGdvb2QtLS0tYnV0IHRoYXQgZG9lc27igJl0IG1lYW4gbXVjaCB3aGVuIGl0IGJyZWFrcy4NCg0KSW4geW91ciBldmVudCBKYWNrLCBkaWQgdGhlIHJ1ZGRlciBiYXIgcHVzaCBmb3J3YXJkIGFuZCBzbGlwIG9mZiB0aGUgYm9sdCB3aGVyZSB0aGUgYm9sdCBzaGVhcmVkIGF0IHRoZSBib3R0b20/DQoNCkZvciB5b3VyIHNlY29uZCByZXN0cmFpbnQgc3RyYXAgaWRlYSwgZG8geW91IHBsYW4gdG8gcHV0IHRoZSBzZWNvbmQgcmVzdHJhaW50IHN0cmFwIGJlbG93IHRoZSBydWRkZXIgYmFyIHBpdm90IHBvaW50IHRvIGtlZXAgdGhlIGxvd2VyIGhhbGYgb2YgdGhlIGJvbHQgZnJvbSBnb2luZyBmb3J3YXJkIHNob3VsZCBhIGZhaWx1cmUNCm9jY3VyIGFnYWluPyAgICBJZiB0aGF0IGlzIHRoZSBjYXNlIEkgd2FzIHRoaW5raW5nLCBqdXN0IGFzIGEgc2FmZXR5IHByZWNhdXRpb27igKYudGhhdCBJIG1pZ2h0IGJlIGFibGUgdG8gYWRkIGEgc2Vjb25kIHJlc3RyYWludCBzdHJhcCAoYSB0aGluIDQxMzAgdmVyc2lvbiBvZiB0aGUgdG9wIHN0cmFwKSB3aGlsZSBJIGhhdmUgbXkgYXNzZW1ibHkNCmFwYXJ0IGZvciBwZWFjZSBvZiBtaW5kLiAgIFdoYXQgZG8geW91IHRoaW5rPw0KDQpNaWtlIEMuDQpPaGlvDQoNCltjaWQ6aW1hZ2UwMDEucG5nQDAxRDA4NzEwLkE0NDdDREEwXQ0KDQoNCg=________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Brodhead camping
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gary Boothe"
I read pop up but was thinking tent... The best place over there is under a tree!I have seen a tear drop camper over in the woods which would be a great place ifyour grandson is along. There really isn't anywhere bad! The showers are very available during the day or later night. Mornings are hectic.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead camping

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
If you set up in the woods, be SURE to bring nuclear powered mosquitospray.....or pay the price.This is advice from several years of past experience!BarryNX973BP-----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Ben Charvet"
BenIts great to hear you are coming to Brodhead. Just go down to the second parking lot, if you get there on Wed or later there will be campers parked along the edge of the grass. The lot will fill up by Friday. Are you going to Oshkosh also? It is about 140 mi. from Brodhead.LaterDick N.----- Original Message -----
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead camping

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
Gary Boothe,I'm taking note of all these comments: are you sure we want to "camp out"? I'mpretty old and you're getting older!Ray KrauseSent from my iPad> On May 5, 2015, at 8:00 AM, Barry Davis wrote:> > > If you set up in the woods, be SURE to bring nuclear powered mosquito> spray.....or pay the price.> This is advice from several years of past experience!> Barry> NX973BP> > -----Original Message-----
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Andre B. Charvet"
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Brodhead camping
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: Brodhead camping

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Perez
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Gary Boothe
Ben,I wouldn't stay there either. there are no planes, no hangars and no runway. Where are all the pilots? Although there looks like enough room for a tent ortwo.My wife would like that place too. I have experienced Brodhead in a tent. It's the only way. I wish I could be therewith you all.Cheers,--------Scott LiefeldFlying N11MS since March 1972Steel TubeC-85-12Wire WheelsBrodhead in 1996Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead camping

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Yahoo! Account Service
Ray Krause,Are you reading this?GaryNX308MBSent from my iPad> On May 6, 2015, at 12:31 PM, AircamperN11MS wrote:> > > Ben,> > I wouldn't stay there either. there are no planes, no hangars and no runway.Where are all the pilots? Although there looks like enough room for a tentor two.> > My wife would like that place too. > > I have experienced Brodhead in a tent. It's the only way. I wish I could bethere with you all.> > Cheers,> > --------> Scott Liefeld> Flying N11MS since March 1972> Steel Tube> C-85-12> Wire Wheels> Brodhead in 1996> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 813#441813> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 21:14:03 -0400 (GMT-04:00)