Re: Pietenpol-List: Officially a Piet owner!

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: AMsafetyC(at)aol.com
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Officially a Piet owner!Now the parents can see what a real airplane is haha!________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Officially a Piet owner!

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Cuy, Michael D. (GRC-RXD0)[ASRC]"
matronics

> RE: Pietenpol-List: Officially a Piet owner!

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Oscar Zuniga
Very observant Mikey....I looked at the pics but didn't catch the fact that it was a GN1.....>From: "Cuy, Michael D. (GRC-RXD0)[ASRC]" >Reply-To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com>To: >Subject: RE: Pietenpol-List: Officially a Piet owner!>Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:59:31 -0500>>John-->>Congratulations on your new GN-1 Aircamper !>>Mike C. in Ohio>>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Officially a Piet owner!

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: John Hofmann
Hey, nice! Now maybe I missed it in your post, but where are you located? Otherlow and slow fliers are interested to know so we can network.And Mike wrote->We can all readTrade A Plane during the foul weather.What's foul weather? Is that when the geese are on instruments? We don't getmuch of that down here, but every now and then we get a swirly thing come in fromthe Gulf...Oscar ZunigaAir Camper NX41CCSan Antonio, TXmailto: taildrags(at)hotmail.comwebsite at http://www.flysquirrel.net________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jonathan Ragle
On Sep 16, 2008, at 5:07 PM, Jonathan Ragle wrote:What Mikee is saying is that it is not a Pietenpol, but is a Grega GN-1. Nothing wrong with that at but it ain't a Bernard Pietenpol type Aircamper. Congrats on ownership. I jumped in the fray a few months ago with a J-3.TakeCare,-john-> Mike C. in Ohio>> Mike C, what is a GN-1? Long fuselage? And thanks!________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Officially a Piet owner!

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: jhofmann(at)reesgroupinc.com
That's all well and good=2C I'm just curious - what changes are there? When I looked it up on the FAA site I'm pretty sure it said Piet=2C but you can pretty much call a homebuilt whatever you want on paper.Thanks=2CJon
matronics

From: steve(at)wotelectronics.comTo: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com Re:

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: steve(at)wotelectronics.comTo: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.comSubject: Re:
Steve=2CI'm not too worried about it. I bought it because I like it and the price was right. I'm not worried about the pedigree and any history that goes along with it is just a bonus. Sorry Bernie. I have to say this kind of reminds me of the automatic vs. manual transmission debate for drag cars. Just a big 'ol can of worms and no right answer aside from "preferance".Darryl is a very cool guy. Always willing to help and he knows his stuff. He is finishing up the annual on the RV6A and then he is going to sell it for us. Man=2C that 7 of his sure is a clean ride. I can't wait to see it painted. The interior and the panel are absolutely sick. If you stop in at his place in the next couple of months check out the 6A. I spent my formative years in its tail cone. I'll get at you when I get my tailwheel endorsement and we will grab a hamburger somewhere. I would like to see another GN-1 also. Up to OK is a pleasant little flight. I flew to Duncan in a Cessna 150 when I was a teenager. And thanks for the DFWpilots link. I=92ll have to check that out.Jonathan
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Oscar Zuniga
On Sep 16=2C 2008=2C at 5:07 PM=2C Jonathan Ragle wrote:What Mikee is saying is that it is not a Pietenpol=2C but is a Grega GN-1. Nothing wrong with that at but it ain't a Bernard Pietenpol type Aircamper. Congrats on ownership. I jumped in the fray a few months ago with a J-3.TakeCare=2C-john-Mike C. in Ohio Mike C=2C what is a GN-1? Long fuselage? And thanks!_________________________________________________________________Want to do more with Windows Live? Learn =9310 hidden secrets=94 from Jamie.http://windowslive.com/connect/post/jam ... __________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jonathan Ragle
0500Jonathan=2CCongratulations from another GN-1 owner! I still call mine a Pietenpol because the way I figure it is 95% Piet=2C 5% Grega. Majority wins. Heck=2C Bernard himself probably made more modifications to the original Piet design than anyone else=2C I guess that makes him the worlds greatest purist and greatest blasphemer at the same time. How many "original=2C true Pietenpols" built in the last three decades have cotton cloth and the same type paint Bernard used? Not many. Anyway=2C I'll shut up now=2C probably should've done that several sentences ago.I used to live in the DFW area=2C and kept my plane at Grayson County and Meacham for a while. I flew it under the class B a lot=2C and at Meacham's class D often. I stopped at MWL in it about 6 weeks ago to see Darryl at Firebird Aviation. I have a good friend in Graham=2C so I fly it down there fairly often.There is a good group of local pilots at http://www.dfwpilots.com/board/ =2C you should check out the website sometime. We get together fairly regularly for fly-ins and such. I'd love to see another GN-1 sometime. They are a lot of fun. I bought mine in Indiana and flew it to Texas about 3.5 years ago=2C and have put over 300 hours on it since. It is a great plane.Steve RuseNorman=2C OK----- Original Message -----