Pietenpol-List: Fuselage Plywood

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: some gorgeous photos of a Ford Pietenpol flying in

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: bike.mike(at)comcast.net
Oops, you're right. I have never been good at getting the names of all the specific parts right. I usually say something like "the part in front of the wing that hangs down etc." Shows my lack of sophistication.Mac in Oregon ----- Original Message -----
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Fuselage Plywood

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Dortch, Steven D MAJ NG NG NGB"
Hello all,I apologize if this has been asked but there was little in the archive regardingplywood preferences for the fuselage large pieces. I cant seem to find sitkaspruce (preferred) in large sheets. Does anyone have a good source and/or recommendationsfor/against the following 3 choices from Boulter?Khaya African Mahogany, Flat SawnOkoume, Rotary CutWhite Birch, Rotary CutThanks,SteveRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Fuselage Plywood

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: jack phillips
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Fuselage PlywoodLOL, at first glance this looked like an email from Kenya asking me to help get$10million out of the country by givng them my bank account number.Blue Skies,Steve D. > > Khaya African Mahogany, Flat Sawn> Okoume, Rotary Cut> White Birch, Rotary Cut> > Thanks,> Steve> >________________________________________________________________________________Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 13:21:23 -0700 (PDT)
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Fuselage Plywood

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Bill Church"
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Fuselage Plywood

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Oscar Zuniga
Just make sure you get a type that's glued with the correct glue. It's been a long time since i looked into this, but there is some kind of Lloyd's or British Mil. Spec. rating that indicates the correct adhesive.Kip GardnerOn Mar 31, 2009, at 4:20 PM, Dortch, Steven D MAJ NG NG NGB wrote:> NGB" >> LOL, at first glance this looked like an email from Kenya asking me > to help get $10million out of the country by givng them my bank > account number.>> Blue Skies,> Steve D.>>>>> Khaya African Mahogany, Flat Sawn>> Okoume, Rotary Cut>> White Birch, Rotary Cut>>>> Thanks,>> Steve>>>>>>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Fuselage Plywood

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gene Rambo"
Bill C.~~Sorry, on my plywood post I said I could not find sheets of SitkaSpruce, I meant to say Finnish Birch, that was a total Piet building Freudianslip!Thanks all for the replies, and notes on waterproof ply, etc .Jack, do you remember where you found the mahogany, and was it a specific type,all I find is from Boulter? Will also look into Okoume Marine Ply.SteveRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: jack phillips
Bill C.~~Sorry, on my plywood post I said I could not find sheets of Sitka Spruce,I meant to say Finnish Birch, that was a total Piet building Freudian slip!Thanks all for the replies, and notes on waterproof ply, etc .Jack, do you remember where you found the mahogany, and was it a specific type,all I find is from Boulter? Will also look into Okoume Marine Ply.SteveRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 05:49:28 -0700 (PDT)
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Re: Fuselage Plywood

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Bill Church"
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Glenn Thomas"
Well it seems like a long time since I hauled D.J.'s project home from Arizona.andI guess it was 2 years ago-maybe even 3? but finally I have the fabric goingon the fuselage and it feels good.I am not sure how much more I'll get donethis summer because after this month I'm going back to work on a job that willhave me traveling all over Kansas and western Oklahoma and even as far as BeatriceNebraska. but if I can just get the fuselage painted and sitting on thegear in the next 3 weeks plus-every time I get a chance to blot something onit-it will be going on for good with the exception of having to take the wingsoff to get it out of the shop after weight and balance.i figure easily anotheryear-but it's looking more like I'll outlive it after all.RaymondRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Fuselage Plywood
matronics

Pietenpol-List: some gorgeous photos of a Ford Pietenpol

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Oscar Zuniga
------------------------------------------------------------------------------12:00 AM________________________________________________________________________________