>> Standard J-1 progress

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

>> Standard J-1 progress

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Mike Tunnicliffe
You are correct, it is not a Jenny. It is a Standard J-1; that was even in the subject line of his email. :PThe Jenny, however, was not made by DeHavilland; DeHavilland didn't even exist as a company yet. The Jenny (or JN series) was built by the Curtiss Aeroplane Company of Hammondsport, NY.Ryan Sent from my iPadOn May 25, 2010, at 7:41 PM, Wayne Bressler wrote:> Dave,> > Where did you get these photos? I've only seen two of this airplane on Don Parson's facebook page. He hasn't even posted them to his blog yet.> > It's not a Jenny. The Jenny was a DeHavilland, this is a Standard. =46rom my limited understanding, it's noticeably larger than a Jenny. I think I'm correct about that, but I've been wrong before. :)> > Wayne Bressler Jr.> Taildraggers, Inc.> taildraggersinc.com> > On May 25, 2010, at 5:25 PM, "Dave Abramson" wrote:> >> HELLO EVERYONE!>> >> HERE IS THE JENNY THAT WAS USED IN THE "GREAT WALDO PEPPER">> >> IT'S ALIVE AND WELL!>> >> DAVE >> >> Subject: Standard J-1 progress>> >>> Yesterday and today pictures>>> will fly sometime next week if it stops raining>> >>> >> >>> >> >>> >> >>> >> >>> >> >>> >> > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 19:20:07 +1200