Pietenpol-List: Braggin' rights

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jim Boyer
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: Braggin' rights

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
There is nothing wrong about bragging on the kids. Sounds like they have thejob that all of us airplane nuts would kill to have. Unfortunately, we mustearn a living somehow and most of the time it doesn't include airplanes. PS: My oldest son (2 grandkids) is a Monavie big-wig. My daughter is aGeorgia Tech engineer and is at General Dynamics Electric Boat (subs). Andyoungest son plays guitar for a living all over the US.See, I couldn't help it either!Barry Davis _____
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: airlion
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Nylo-seal oil pressure line?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "AlRice"
Subject: Pietenpol-List: Nylo-seal oil pressure line?Ok, I bought the A/C Spruce oil pressure line kit, and after I get it and start looking at the Nylo-Seal tubing, it says "max temp 212 degrees." I went with the nylon because I thought it would withstand the vibration betterthan copper. But the temp rating for the nylon worries me, as does something I read recently in one of Tony Bengalis's articles on the EAA site thatyou don't want flammable liquids running through tubing that can burn through and feed an engine fire. I feel kinda dumb with the Piet in the final stages but there's a way I can run copper tubing or Aeroquip 303 rubber braided hose. What would y'all do?Matt Paxton________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Nylo-seal oil pressure line?
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "BYD"
Definitely would not use nylo-seal or copper. Nylo-seal won't handle the heatand copper will harden and crack with the vibration. Go with the Aeroquip fromthe engine to the firewall.--------Al RiceSkybolt 260RV-9AHelping with my grandson's Pietenpol Air CamperRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Nylo-seal oil pressure line?
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "AlRice"
My Stinson has had copper tubing primer lines since 1947 and I intend on runningthe same for my oil pressure gauge on the Piet I'm finishing (the exterior tubingon the Model-A is copper also) for the same reason Woodflier cited.I know of a 1929 Travelaire biplane that has copper tubing for its fuel lines (andhas for years that I know of) but I don't know if they've ever been replaceddue to cracking or not.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Nylo-seal oil pressure line?
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Harvey Rule
I know that older planes used copper. I restored a 1931 Great Lakes biplane thatused 1/8" copper direct from the engine to the oil pressure gauge. There werelots of practices from the "old days" that have been superseded by new acceptedpractices, most due to failures.--------Al RiceSkybolt 260RV-9AHelping with my grandson's Pietenpol Air CamperRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: Re: Nylo-seal oil pressure line?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> Allen(at)allenrice.net
I have copper on mine for oil and gas primer.> Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Nylo-seal oil pressure line?
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ben Charvet
> To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> > > I know that older planes used copper. I restored a 1931 Great Lakes biplane that used 1/8" copper direct from the engine to the oil pressure gauge. There were lots of practices from the "old days" that have been superseded by new accepted practices=2C most due to failures.> > --------> Al Rice> Skybolt 260> RV-9A> Helping with my grandson's Pietenpol Air Camper> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 486#315486> > > > > > > ============================================> > > ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 19:01:47 -0400
matronics

> > Pietenpol-List: Re: Nylo-seal oil pressure line?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jack"
> > To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> >> >> > I know that older planes used copper. I restored a 1931 Great Lakes > biplane that used 1/8" copper direct from the engine to the oil > pressure gauge. There were lots of practices from the "old days" that > have been superseded by new accepted practices, most due to failures.> >> > --------> > Al Rice> > Skybolt 260> > RV-9A> > Helping with my grandson's Pietenpol Air Camper> >> >> >> >> > Read this topic online here:> >> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 486#315486> >> >> >> >> >> >> >=======================> >> >> >> *>>> *________________________________________________________________________________