Pietenpol-List: everyone's progress

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: everyone's progress

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Cuy, Michael D. (GRC-RXD0)[ASRC AEROSPACE CORP]"
Thanks Jack for the encouragement. I too was sorely tempted to roll her outinto the middle of the field and light her up, but that went away after acouple of days and I'm so glad I kept at it, though it is pretty tough thesecond time around, though I will say, it sure goes quicker as you've doneall the things before.Sounds like we have a few new ones almost done, which is so great. Theother day I ordered an item from Ray Allen who makes electric servo trimsystems and when I told him I was building a Pietenpol, he said "it's surenice to hear someone is still building Pietenpols". I took a moment toeducate him to the fact that there are many guys still building that olddefunct design from scratch, with nothing but plans, no kit, no prefabassemblies, no quick-build super duper sub assembly option or anything likethat. He was really tickled. I'm convinced the more Piets get finished andfly around, the more people see them and get hooked and the more in turn getbuilt, thus keeping this wonderful legacy alive.Douwe________________________________________________________________________________