Pietenpol-List: Operation Arrow Fest Update #1

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Operation Arrow Fest Update #1

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ben Charvet
matronics

> Re: Pietenpol-List: Operation Arrow Fest Update #1

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Perez
> > > > > > > On 12/22/2011 9:23 AM, Michael Perez wrote:> > > > > > Today is the start of day six of my> Holiday build> fest. After spending a few days with> family, I really> got started last Monday on the covering of> the tail> pieces. So far it has been fantastic!> To date I have> the vert.stab. finished, the rudder 98%> finished> and one elevator underway. Today, I will> finish the> rudder, continue on elevator #1 and start> elevator #2.> Once these and the horizontal> stabilizerare finished, I> will move on to the ailerons.> > It was slow at first, being sure I had> the processes> and order of operation correct, but now> thingsprogress> a little faster. Having a good temperature> in the shop> helps the glue to dry and working multiple> items at a> timekeep things moving. Once I> learned the proper> methods for glueing fabric to> wood and> fabric to fabric, it was time to learn how> to handle> curves and tape curves. Then I moved on to> learning rib> stitching layout and stitching knots. Now I> know how to> do all of the above, use the iron to do the> curving and> tape work and rib stitch. It is a> great feeling to> learn new skills and actually be faily good> at them!> > My ambitious plan was to have the tail> pieces> completely done, painted and ready for> flight by the end> of my three weeks off. Right now, it> appears that I may> just make it!> > > > Michael Perez> > Karetaker Aero> > www.karetakeraero.com> > > > > > The Stewart System glue sure makes it easy to handle> the curves,> doesn't it!> > > > -- > Ben Charvet, PharmD> Staff Pharmacist> Parrish Medical center> > > > > > > provided> > ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 16:50:34 -0800 (PST)