Pietenpol-List: Somewhat OT - Private Airfields

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Somewhat OT - Private Airfields

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Perez
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Engine 1 Appart

Post by matronics »

matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Somewhat OT - Private Airfields

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:>> airlion
John,I am the treasurer for the Midwest Antique Airplane Association. We put on our GrassRoots flyin every September in Brodhead, WI. I have purchased event insurance through AUA (Norma Joyce) at very reasonable rates for the past several years. It includes our flyin and a our monthly member meetings that are often held at an airport in Wisconsin or Northern Illinois. Norma can let you know what you need.-john-John HofmannVice-President, Information TechnologyThe Rees Group, Inc.2424 American LaneMadison, WI 53704Phone: 608.443.2468 ext 150Fax: 608.443.2474Email: jhofmann(at)reesgroupinc.comOn Feb 13, 2012, at 11:06 AM, John Franklin wrote:> > Hi Gardiner,> > At our rather small private airfield we are starting to organize and maybe have a fly-in. We have an owner's group and we have insurance but we don't have written airport procedures such as frequency, traffic pattern, taxiing and parking details, etc. The kind of stuff you might see on AirNav.com. We're wondering if we should require anyone who wants to fly into our field to have signed a document that acknowledges that they have read and understand the procedures before they fly in. Obviously this is for liability purposes and I was wondering if anyone on the list has experience with this matter. Snooping around the web I have seen private airfields that have written procedures and some have a website where you can read the procedures and then send an email stating you have read and will follow them.> > Thanks,> John F.> > > -----Original Message-----
matronics

> Pietenpol-List: Somewhat OT - Private Airfields

Post by matronics »

> --> Pietenpol-List message posted> by: John Franklin > > Does anyone on the Piet list have some knowledge or> experience with formal airport procedures and how they> relate to liability insurance? Is it preferable to> have formal procedures, or are they not necessary? I> would appreciate any comments from anyone who has had to> deal with this issue.> > John Franklin> Prairie Aire 4TA0> Needville, TX> > ________________________________________> > Email Forum -> - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -> List Contribution Web Site -> -Matt> Dralle, List Admin.> > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 08:14:36 -0800 (PST)
matronics

>> Pietenpol-List: Somewhat OT - Private Airfields

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: John Hofmann
>> --> Pietenpol-List message posted>> by: John Franklin >> >> Does anyone on the Piet list have some knowledge or>> experience with formal airport procedures and how they>> relate to liability insurance? Is it preferable to>> have formal procedures, or are they not necessary? I>> would appreciate any comments from anyone who has had to>> deal with this issue.>> >> John Franklin>> Prairie Aire 4TA0>> Needville, TX>> >> ________________________________________>> >> Email Forum ->> - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS ->> List Contribution Web Site ->> -Matt>> Dralle, List Admin.>> >> >> >> >>________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Somewhat OT - Private Airfields

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Andrew Eldredge
>>> --> Pietenpol-List message posted>>> by: John Franklin >>> >>> Does anyone on the Piet list have some knowledge or>>> experience with formal airport procedures and how they>>> relate to liability insurance? Is it preferable to>>> have formal procedures, or are they not necessary? I>>> would appreciate any comments from anyone who has had to>>> deal with this issue.>>> >>> John Franklin>>> Prairie Aire 4TA0>>> Needville, TX>>> >>> ________________________________________>>> >>> Email Forum ->>> - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS ->>> List Contribution Web Site ->>> -Matt>>> Dralle, List Admin.>>> >>> >>> >>> >> >> >> >> >> > > > ________________________________________> > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:49:31 -0700Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Somewhat OT - Private Airfields
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Making Spars

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "899PM"
> >> --> Pietenpol-List message posted> >> by: John Franklin > >>> >> Does anyone on the Piet list have some knowledge or> >> experience with formal airport procedures and how they> >> relate to liability insurance? Is it preferable to> >> have formal procedures, or are they not necessary? I> >> would appreciate any comments from anyone who has had to> >> deal with this issue.> >>> >> John Franklin> >> Prairie Aire 4TA0> >> Needville, TX> >>> >> ________________________________________> >>> >> Email Forum -> >> - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -> >> List Contribution Web Site -> >> -Matt> >> Dralle, List Admin.> >>> >>> >>> >>> >> >> >> >> >>>> ________________________________________>>-- Andrew EldredgeProvo, UT________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Making Spars
matronics

> > Re: Pietenpol-List: Somewhat OT - Private

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> >> John Franklin
> --> Pietenpol-List message posted> by: John Franklin > > Hi Gardiner,> > At our rather small private airfield we are starting to> organize and maybe have a fly-in. We have an owner's> group and we have insurance but we don't have written> airport procedures such as frequency, traffic pattern,> taxiing and parking details, etc. The kind of stuff> you might see on AirNav.com. We're wondering if we> should require anyone who wants to fly into our field to> have signed a document that acknowledges that they have read> and understand the procedures before they fly in.> Obviously this is for liability purposes and I was wondering> if anyone on the list has experience with this matter.> Snooping around the web I have seen private airfields that> have written procedures and some have a website where you> can read the procedures and then send an email stating you> have read and will follow them.> > Thanks,> John F.> > > -----Original Message-----> >From: airlion > >Sent: Feb 13, 2012 9:34 AM> >To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> >Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Somewhat OT - Private> Airfields> >> >> >John ,could you be a little more explicit in your> question? Gardiner> >> >--- On Mon, 2/13/12, John Franklin > wrote:> >
matronics

> >> Pietenpol-List: Somewhat OT - Private

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: airlion
> >> --> Pietenpol-List message posted> >> by: John Franklin > >> > >> Does anyone on the Piet list have some knowledge> or> >> experience with formal airport procedures and how> they> >> relate to liability insurance? Is it preferable> to> >> have formal procedures, or are they not> necessary? I> >> would appreciate any comments from anyone who has> had to> >> deal with this issue.> >> > >> John Franklin> >> Prairie Aire 4TA0> >> Needville, TX> >> > >> ________________________________________> >> > >> Email Forum -> >> - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -> >> List Contribution Web Site -> >> -Matt> >> Dralle, List Admin.> >> > >> > >> > >> > >> >> >> >> >> > > ________________________________________> > > Email Forum -> - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -> List Contribution Web Site -> -Matt> Dralle, List Admin.> > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:40:45 -0800 (PST)
matronics

> > Re: Pietenpol-List: Somewhat OT - Private

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> >> John Franklin
> --> Pietenpol-List message posted> by: John Franklin > > Hi Gardiner,> > At our rather small private airfield we are starting to> organize and maybe have a fly-in. We have an owner's> group and we have insurance but we don't have written> airport procedures such as frequency, traffic pattern,> taxiing and parking details, etc. The kind of stuff> you might see on AirNav.com. We're wondering if we> should require anyone who wants to fly into our field to> have signed a document that acknowledges that they have read> and understand the procedures before they fly in.> Obviously this is for liability purposes and I was wondering> if anyone on the list has experience with this matter.> Snooping around the web I have seen private airfields that> have written procedures and some have a website where you> can read the procedures and then send an email stating you> have read and will follow them.> > Thanks,> John F.> > > -----Original Message-----> >From: airlion > >Sent: Feb 13, 2012 9:34 AM> >To: pietenpol-list(at)matronics.com> >Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Somewhat OT - Private> Airfields> >> >> >John ,could you be a little more explicit in your> question? Gardiner> >> >--- On Mon, 2/13/12, John Franklin > wrote:> >
matronics

> >> Pietenpol-List: Somewhat OT - Private

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jack Phillips"
> >> --> Pietenpol-List message posted> >> by: John Franklin > >> > >> Does anyone on the Piet list have some knowledge> or> >> experience with formal airport procedures and how> they> >> relate to liability insurance? Is it preferable> to> >> have formal procedures, or are they not> necessary? I> >> would appreciate any comments from anyone who has> had to> >> deal with this issue.> >> > >> John Franklin> >> Prairie Aire 4TA0> >> Needville, TX> >> > >> ________________________________________> >> > >> Email Forum -> >> - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -> >> List Contribution Web Site -> >> -Matt> >> Dralle, List Admin.> >> > >> > >> > >> > >> >> >> >> >> > > ________________________________________> > > Email Forum -> - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -> List Contribution Web Site -> -Matt> Dralle, List Admin.> > > > ________________________________________________________________________________