Pietenpol-List: Another Pietenpol Certified

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Another Pietenpol Certified

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: woodflier(at)aol.com
Subject: Pietenpol-List: landing a PietGreat words from Jack and Shad on their experiences flying an approach and landinga Pietenpol. I too fly my final approach at 55 mph with a little power held into pretty close to the runway. Like jack said, unless you have the wheels within12" of the runway there will probably be a thunk. The plane three points wonderfully too and even in crosswinds I three point. I'venever been able to master the wheel landing except in the Corby Starlet I ownedfor a few years. The Piet is a surprisingly good crosswind airplane. So glad you're getting a good feel for the ground handling Jerry. I did the samething and it paid off getting that view and training my feet. I like the factthat you're patient for weather too--so many videos of 1st flights I see showtrees blowing around and wind noise in the microphone. I don't get that. Ittakes3, 6, 10, 20 years to build a plane but some have to fly it right away after itgetslegal in lousy weather conditions. Glad I have a little chicken in me. Mike C.________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Another Pietenpol Certified