Pietenpol-List: First engine run today! NX898H

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: First engine run today! NX898H

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gary Boothe"
OK=2C got grief for not posting photos=2C so here is a video shot today of first engine run. Brett Phillips came and helped out=2C and after chasing initial water and fuel leaks=2C we got it running and put nearly an hour on it off and on. Ran it to full power briefly a couple of times=2C can't wait to get the fish scale=2C I think it'll break it! LOL Finalize a few engine items=2C trim a few areas of the cowling=2C and all is ready to paint and install. Wing is almost ready to shoot silver=2C then color. Planning on first flight as soon as the weather warms up in the spring. Brodhead FOR SURE this year=2C Jack and Matt=2C get ready . . . Douwe=2C we'll meet you on the way. Now we need to get Brett to get to work on his airpland and have a REAL squadron headed west! Gene Rambo Here is the link to youtube: http://youtu.be/9MB3W6QpkLE ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: First engine run today! NX898H

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
I'll be damned! Black & yellow.I had no idea! Sounds great, Gene!!Gary BootheNX308MB
matronics

Post by matronics »

I'll be damned! Black & yellow.I had no idea! Sounds great, Gene!!Gary BootheNX308MB
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: gboothe5(at)comcast.net
why? Is there already a black and yellow one out there?? Gene
matronics

Post by matronics »

Looks good! Sounds good! I'll bet she'll FLY good!I'll be ready to fly to Brodhead in the Virginia Squadron next year.Jack PhillipsNX899JPSmith Mountain Lake, Virginia _____
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: First engine run today! NX898H

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jack"
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: First engine run today! NX898HGene,lookin good soundin good!John________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: First engine run today! NX898H

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "FandS_Piet"
Tried out my new powder coat oven, you have to watch the heat close. Worksgreat for the longer parts.Jack Textor________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: First engine run today! NX898H
matronics

Pietenpol-List: A good day building

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gary Boothe"
Subject: Pietenpol-List: A good day buildingTried out my new powder coat oven, you have to watch the heat close. Works greatfor the longer parts. > > Jack Textor________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Scott Knowlton "
Gene, Looks great. Do you recall the size of your wheels. Particularly the width?Also did you use the Frank Pavliga method to shave your tires? A chainsaw?--------Fred KimPittsburgh, PaRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: A good day building

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jack
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: A good day buildingJack, great looking parts and nice oven. I've had my control horns and cabanefittings powder coated at a local coating company and it wasn't cheap! I'd loveto do the rest of my parts on my own. Can you give us the Readers Digest condensedversion of your set-up for the oven as well as the application of thepowder coating material? Scott Knowlton -----Original Message-----
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: A good day building

Post by matronics »

Very cool, Jack!!Gary BootheNX308MB
matronics

Post by matronics »

Nope.not that I recall. ;-)Gary BootheNX308MB
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: First engine run today! NX898H

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Gene Rambo
When I remodeled our kitchen, the old oven went out to the garage and is now usedfor powder coating small parts. Even did my Corvair block in it. Works justdandy. Got the powder from Eastman as they have an excellent selection of colors.Sears cheepie powder gun. Voila.Now those long parts are a different story.... Will be interested in what Jackdid as well.DaveRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: First engine run today! NX898H
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-pietenpol-li
Me either. Someone would have to be pretty mean to steal my paint scheme!GeneGene RamboOn Nov 4, 2012, at 8:26 PM, "Gary Boothe" wrote:> Nopenot that I recall. ;-)> > Gary Boothe> NX308MB>
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:ry BootheNX308MB owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:ow
I=92ll be damned! Black & yellow=85I had no idea! Sounds great=2C Gene!! Ga
matronics

> RE: Pietenpol-List: First engine run today! NX898H

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-pietenpol-li
> > I=99ll be damned! Black & yellowI had no idea! Sounds great, Gene!!> > Gary Boothe> NX308MB>