Re: Pietenpol-List: Pietepol fuse=2C rib=2C and tailgroup wood

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: gboothe5(at)comcast.net
Hey Folks=2C Gary checked in first=2C and followed up with a phone call. He will be picking up everything this Tuesday evening. I knew it would not last long=2C especially at the price offered. Carl Levkin was good to me=2C and as I said=2C I just wanted to pay it forward and give someone else the benefit of my fortune. Happy flying to all. I will stay on the list until the deal is sealed=2C but am sure I will see Gary on Tuesday. Thanks again=2C Doug BlackburnDoug/Elizabeth BlackburnYucaipa CaliforniaISR Rocks www.inlandsloperebels.com Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Pietepol fuse=2C rib=2C and tailgroup wood
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: amsafetyc(at)aol.com
Hey John=2C He called me one eveing and said if I was interested in his Piet=2C to come to the EAA Compton chapter meeting. That was about four or five years ago. I did not have the time=2C and I am sure he probably donated his project to the chapter there in Compton. At any rate=2C I hope he is well. Thanks=2C and happy flying to all of you. DougDoug/Elizabeth BlackburnYucaipa CaliforniaISR Rocks www.inlandsloperebels.com Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Pietepol fuse=2C rib=2C and tailgroup wood
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: DOUGLAS BLACKBURN
Doug=2CFirst=2C I am sorry to hear this. I guess it's a point in our lives that we reach at some point.I am interested in all=2C and can pick up by this weekend. My Piet is done=2C but am starting another project=2C which will be Corvair powered=2C too. I live in N. Calif=2C but can easily make the drive.Gary BootheSent from my iPhoneOn Jan 13=2C 2013=2C at 11:07 AM=2C DOUGLAS BLACKBURN wrote:Hey folks=2C I was on the list a few years ago=2C and have been unsubscribed for some time. I was never able to really get started due to health issues my wife has. I am only on to let you know I need to get rid of my project. I have the wood for the fuse=2C wing ribs=2C and tail group. It is all Spruce. I got most all of it from Carl Levkin=2C who was=2C and still may be a member here. He gave me the wood for the tail group. Carl also gave me the the wood for the fuse for a donation to his EAA chapter=2C in Compton. He cut the wood up for me for the fuse=2C and cut the stringers to be laminated. He said this would be stronger. Anyway=2C I believe I donated 75.00 bucks to the Compton EAA group for the fuse wood.I bought the wood for the ribs from a member here for I think around 100.00=2C and I would like to pass this on to someone who might have the time and where withall to use for they're project. Carl was way kind to me while we were in communication=2C and I would like to further his kindness to someone else=2C pay ot forward so to speak!! I will take 100.00 for the fuse wood=2C and also have a Corvair engine I was going to retrofit for this plane as well. The engine is all apart=2C but Carl had my shaft drilled and tapped for the safety shaft needed to install the prop and adapter for same. I am moving=2C and need to find a home for this stuff=2C hopefully someone who will use it. 100.00 bucks gets it all. As I said=2C I don't know if Carl is still around=2C if he is and some here know him=2C give him my regards=2C he was a fine man. I wish I could have done him right by getting the Piet built=2C but reallity says it is not to be. I also have a wing rib Jib that a Gent from Down San Diego way gave me. I remeber his name as Gene=2C and I believe right before I unsubscribed from this list=2C he got his airworthiness Cetificate for his Piet. I contacted him to see if he wanted the jib back but don't think I ever heard back from him. If he is still on this list=2C the jib is his=2C if not=2C it will be part of the deal here for a hundred bucks. Please take me up on this deal=2C but only if you intend on using the material to build a Piet. I am moving and it needs to go by the 21st of January. Thanks=2CDoug Blackburn=2C Yucaipa Californianine oh nine - seven nine zero - zero five three zero home phone=2C call untill 10:00 p.m.P.S. I won't ship=2C don't have time=2C so work something out with someone here on the West Coast if you are interested=2C it really needs to be gone in two weeks. Doug/Elizabeth BlackburnYucaipa CaliforniaISR Rocks www.inlandsloperebels.com =========>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Piet ... n========= ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jack Phillips"
I met Carl about 5 years ago when Markle and I visited his hangar=2C a really nice person and a great builder. I've not heard from him since. Does anyone know anything about him?JohnSent from my iPhoneOn Jan 13=2C 2013=2C at 2:07 PM=2C DOUGLAS BLACKBURN wrote:Hey folks=2C I was on the list a few years ago=2C and have been unsubscribed for some time. I was never able to really get started due to health issues my wife has. I am only on to let you know I need to get rid of my project. I have the wood for the fuse=2C wing ribs=2C and tail group. It is all Spruce. I got most all of it from Carl Levkin=2C who was=2C and still may be a member here. He gave me the wood for the tail group. Carl also gave me the the wood for the fuse for a donation to his EAA chapter=2C in Compton. He cut the wood up for me for the fuse=2C and cut the stringers to be laminated. He said this would be stronger. Anyway=2C I believe I donated 75.00 bucks to the Compton EAA group for the fuse wood.I bought the wood for the ribs from a member here for I think around 100.00=2C and I would like to pass this on to someone who might have the time and where withall to use for they're project. Carl was way kind to me while we were in communication=2C and I would like to further his kindness to someone else=2C pay ot forward so to speak!! I will take 100.00 for the fuse wood=2C and also have a Corvair engine I was going to retrofit for this plane as well. The engine is all apart=2C but Carl had my shaft drilled and tapped for the safety shaft needed to install the prop and adapter for same. I am moving=2C and need to find a home for this stuff=2C hopefully someone who will use it. 100.00 bucks gets it all. As I said=2C I don't know if Carl is still around=2C if he is and some here know him=2C give him my regards=2C he was a fine man. I wish I could have done him right by getting the Piet built=2C but reallity says it is not to be. I also have a wing rib Jib that a Gent from Down San Diego way gave me. I remeber his name as Gene=2C and I believe right before I unsubscribed from this list=2C he got his airworthiness Cetificate for his Piet. I contacted him to see if he wanted the jib back but don't think I ever heard back from him. If he is still on this list=2C the jib is his=2C if not=2C it will be part of the deal here for a hundred bucks. Please take me up on this deal=2C but only if you intend on using the material to build a Piet. I am moving and it needs to go by the 21st of January. Thanks=2CDoug Blackburn=2C Yucaipa Californianine oh nine - seven nine zero - zero five three zero home phone=2C call untill 10:00 p.m.P.S. I won't ship=2C don't have time=2C so work something out with someone here on the West Coast if you are interested=2C it really needs to be gone in two weeks. Doug/Elizabeth BlackburnYucaipa CaliforniaISR Rocks www.inlandsloperebels.com =========>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Piet ... n========= ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: amsafetyc(at)aol.com
Hey John=2C He called me one eveing and said if I was interested in his Piet=2C to come to the EAA Compton chapter meeting. That was about four or five years ago. I did not have the time=2C and I am sure he probably donated his project to the chapter there in Compton. At any rate=2C I hope he is well. Thanks=2C and happy flying to all of you. DougDoug/Elizabeth BlackburnYucaipa CaliforniaISR Rocks www.inlandsloperebels.comSubject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Pietepol fuse=2C rib=2C and tailgroup wood
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jack"
I met Carl about 5 years ago when Markle and I visited his hangar=2C a really nice person and a great builder. I've not heard from him since. Does anyone know anything about him?JohnSent from my iPhoneOn Jan 13=2C 2013=2C at 2:07 PM=2C DOUGLAS BLACKBURN wrote:Hey folks=2C I was on the list a few years ago=2C and have been unsubscribed for some time. I was never able to really get started due to health issues my wife has. I am only on to let you know I need to get rid of my project. I have the wood for the fuse=2C wing ribs=2C and tail group. It is all Spruce. I got most all of it from Carl Levkin=2C who was=2C and still may be a member here. He gave me the wood for the tail group. Carl also gave me the the wood for the fuse for a donation to his EAA chapter=2C in Compton. He cut the wood up for me for the fuse=2C and cut the stringers to be laminated. He said this would be stronger. Anyway=2C I believe I donated 75.00 bucks to the Compton EAA group for the fuse wood.I bought the wood for the ribs from a member here for I think around 100.00=2C and I would like to pass this on to someone who might have the time and where withall to use for they're project. Carl was way kind to me while we were in communication=2C and I would like to further his kindness to someone else=2C pay ot forward so to speak!! I will take 100.00 for the fuse wood=2C and also have a Corvair engine I was going to retrofit for this plane as well. The engine is all apart=2C but Carl had my shaft drilled and tapped for the safety shaft needed to install the prop and adapter for same. I am moving=2C and need to find a home for this stuff=2C hopefully someone who will use it. 100.00 bucks gets it all. As I said=2C I don't know if Carl is still around=2C if he is and some here know him=2C give him my regards=2C he was a fine man. I wish I could have done him right by getting the Piet built=2C but reallity says it is not to be. I also have a wing rib Jib that a Gent from Down San Diego way gave me. I remeber his name as Gene=2C and I believe right before I unsubscribed from this list=2C he got his airworthiness Cetificate for his Piet. I contacted him to see if he wanted the jib back but don't think I ever heard back from him. If he is still on this list=2C the jib is his=2C if not=2C it will be part of the deal here for a hundred bucks. Please take me up on this deal=2C but only if you intend on using the material to build a Piet. I am moving and it needs to go by the 21st of January. Thanks=2CDoug Blackburn=2C Yucaipa Californianine oh nine - seven nine zero - zero five three zero home phone=2C call untill 10:00 p.m.P.S. I won't ship=2C don't have time=2C so work something out with someone here on the West Coast if you are interested=2C it really needs to be gone in two weeks. Doug/Elizabeth BlackburnYucaipa CaliforniaISR Rocks www.inlandsloperebels.com =========>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Piet ... ========st" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Piet ... ntribution ________________________________________________________________________________