Pietenpol-List: CB350 wheels

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Brian Kenney
Hey Bill,Out of curiosity, how do those brakes hold and over the last 27 years, howoften would you guess you've had to replace the pads, if at all?Douwe________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: CB350 wheels

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: douweblumberg(at)earthlink.net
I have never replaced the pads and used the old ones that came with the wheels. I only recently adjusted the cable for the first time after over 25 years.. I am using only one of the two shoes in each wheel. I use the leading shoe only ( the one that self energizes). I can lock the wheels on grass and have pulled the tail off the ground on payment but only under extreme breaking. They won't really hold under full throttle but that doesn't mean they are not good as they really shorten the roll and are I think they are the perfect balance. They worked out great and I lucked out with the set up.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Brian Kenney
=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0AHey Bill=2C=0A=0A =0A=0AOut of curiosity=2C how do those brakes hold and over the last=0A27 years=2C how often would you guess you=92ve had to replace the pads=2C if at=0Aall?=0A=0A =0A=0ADouwe=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A============0A============0A============0A============0A=0A ________________________________________________________________________________