Pietenpol-List: flying other's piets

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: flying other's piets

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: danhelsper(at)aol.com
I share Gary's feelings completely. I'd be so tense to fly someone else'spride and joy that it would probably ruin the experience for me, though I amcurious to compare flight characteristics between individual piets.On the contrary however, I have really enjoy watching other people(well-qualified people that is.) fly "RE-PIET". It is so cool to see her inher element watching from the ground.Douwe________________________________________________________________________________Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 12:49:06 -0400
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: flying other's piets

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Jack Philips"
The plane my father built, 8 yrs building, sold it after 8 months, was at brodheadthis year. Had a smoke tank in the front seat so couldn't get a ride. Wasreally trying to get my son a ride in it as he'd never seen it fly, but remembersgrand dad building. The owner offered to just let me take it up... Was tough to decline. All I keptthinking was that I really don't have the experience to know if I'm experiencedenough or not! Which put me in the if there's any doubt, there's no doubtregime.I, too, enjoy letting other folks fly my plane. The BEST, and most nerve wracking,is watching your son take it up, at eighteen, his first solo, the only planehe's ever flown. In all honesty, and about how I feel when anyone takes herup, not so worried about the plane as the person.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________