Pietenpol-List: A day early

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ken Bickers
Subject: Pietenpol-List: A day early
matronics

RE: Pietenpol-List: A day early

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com
What a great day, Ken!...and she=99s a beauty!!Gary BootheNX308MB
matronics

Post by matronics »

Wow, Ken =93 Looks really nice! Congratulations, but if you think you=99re happy now, just wait till you fly it!Jack PhillipsNX899JPSmith Mountain Lake, Virginia
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: danhelsper(at)aol.com
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: A day early

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Bill Church"
Oh great, our first AD... Wow, sorry to hear it happened and glad it turned out how it did! I think you hit the nail on the head, don't weld on the bolt. I don't see a reasonfor hyper precise reaming and press fitting, just a good fit. I might alsoconsider a simple through bolt from the top.I'm gonna go check mine tomorrow just to see how it's made. I agree there arejust some things that cannot be inspected. Thanks for the heads up!Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: A day early
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "wheelharp"
Way to go, Ken!Very cool.Bill C.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: A day early
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ray Krause
Oh wow...that is beautiful! Congratulations.--------Jon JonesIronton, MORead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: A day early

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jim Boyer
WOW! Beautiful! Bet you can't wait to fly her!Ray KrauseBuilding SkyScoutSent from my iPad> On May 4, 2015, at 4:52 PM, Ken Bickers wrote:> > Folks, > > For years, I've told people that I expected to finish building my Pietenpol onTuesday. I was wrong. I finished a day early. > > After a mere 20 years and 2 months (most of it spent with no progress being made),today I received an Airworthiness Certificate on NX313KB. > > The lesson here is to keep plugging away. Eventually there will be no more itemson the to-do list.> > Attached is a picture. > > Taxi testing to commence later this week. > > Cheers, Ken> ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 03:56:03 +0000 (UTC)
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Michael Perez
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "taildrags"
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________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: A day early
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gary Boothe"
May I add my congratulations to those that have already been offered? It is niceto see yet another Air Camper come to life and join the fleet. I really likethe careful fitting you've done with the engine cowling, around protrudingengine parts. Nice detail work.Got a rudder bar, or pedals? Just asking ;o)--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 powerRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Ken,Just taking a closer look at your Piet.I note flexible fuel line from the center section tank, and heavy duty brackets and connections on the slanted cabanes =93 Nice! Also, very nice rivet work on the cowling, especially on the reinforcements around the openings.I am curious at what your deck angle is? Guessing 13=81=B0 or maybe a bit more?Gary BootheNX308MB
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: danhelsper(at)aol.com
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Success!!!

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "AircamperN11MS"
Ken,It looks fantastic. Enjoy all the rewarding flights ahead of you. Don't forgetto brush your teeth after you land. Nobody wants to see all the bugs stuck onyour teeth from the huge smile you will have on your face. :) Cheers,--------Scott LiefeldFlying N11MS since March 1972Steel TubeC-85-12Wire WheelsBrodhead in 1996Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Success!!!
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steven Dortch
Very cool Dan,Now you can catch twice as many bugs with your prop. It looks very cool. I'llbet it runs noticeably smoother now. Congrats,--------Scott LiefeldFlying N11MS since March 1972Steel TubeC-85-12Wire WheelsBrodhead in 1996Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By:> ** owner-pietenpol-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: A day earlyKen, You are killing me. I am going to finish mine on Thursday!Just as I started to see completion of my Piet Restoration on the horizon,I had to have Shoulder surgery. Here I am with at least a month ofconvalescent leave (I am currently in the Army, though not for long.) and Icannot do any work on my Piet. And then I see your beautiful creationready to start aviating.I am both envious and covetous! Great job.Blue Skies,Steve D.On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 8:22 AM, Gary Boothe wrote:> Ken,>>> Just taking a closer look at your Piet.>>> I note flexible fuel line from the center section tank, and heavy duty> brackets and connections on the slanted cabanes =93 Nice! Also, very nice> rivet work on the cowling, especially on the reinforcements around the> openings.>>> I am curious at what your deck angle is? Guessing 13=81=B0 or maybe a bit more?>>> Gary Boothe>> NX308MB>>
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Billy McCaskill"
Hello to all,I am planning to fly to Brodhead and would love to meet up with others to sharethe adventure. I live near Columbia, SC and am planning to fly west toward ATL(around the south end of the mountains) then north to C37. Probably an overnightin TN near Dan Helsper's place ( hopefully joining with him) and then onwardto C37. At least that's the draft plan. If anyone is interested in joiningthe adventure please chime in so we can tailor the plan to fit your desires.I'm still in phase 1 flight testing but hope be in phase 2 by then. Things aregoing along pretty well so far.Please let know your thoughts.Jack Sent from my iPad________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: A day early
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "curtdm(at)gmail.com"
She's beautiful, Ken! I'm sure she will fly even better than she looks!--------Billy McCaskillBaker, LAtail section almost done, starting on ribs soonRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: A day early
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Trip to Brodhead

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "tools"
Great looking airplane Ken! We hope it shows up at Brodhead for an up-close andpersonal inspection! p.s. Your couch looks like its covered in Fokker fabric!--------Curt MerdanFlower Mound, TXRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ttachments: http://forums.matronics.com//files/camm ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Trip to Brodhead
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "oldbird"
I am terrible with names...I'm looking for the Piet builder from Rolla who flysout of Vichy airport. I was going to see if you are going to Corvair Collegeagain this fall. If you don't care, drop me a PM sometime.Thanks!--------Jon JonesIronton, MORead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: A day early
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ken Bickers
Kenyou created a beauty. Time is relative. I envy you because I started only 6 yearsago and still building. I hope she flies as good as she looks.Happy landingsSemih (in Istanbul, Turkey)Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 14:02:32 -0600Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: A day early
matronics

Post by matronics »

Thanks, Ken. You made me go back and take a closer look at those cabanesvery ingenious! Gary BootheNX308MB