Pietenpol-List: Sunrise flight

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Sunrise flight

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Douwe Blumberg"
Opened my eyes at 6:30 Saturday morning and though cloudy, it was perfectlycalm and temperate. I knew the clouds were gonna break as the dayprogressed so I hopped up, made a cup of tea, clothed and was at the airportby 7:00. In the air by 7:20 for one of the most delightful flights I'vehad. Nothing special, but the air was cool and smooth and "RE-PIET" justwanted to climb like there was no tomorrow. Turned towards the house as thesun started finding holes in the clouds and flew around the house over Marciand she was having her coffee on the deck. Landed by 7:45 and was home by8:10 to start the day.Keep building, it's really worth it.Douwe________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Sunrise flight

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ken Bickers
Hey Jeff,It looks like your camera mount is a pole affixed to both struts. What isall the tape on the trailing edge for, steadying?I sure like the view it gives.Douwe________________________________________________________________________________Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 20:04:48 -0600Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Sunrise flight
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Sunrise flight

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Boatright, Jeffrey"
You lucky bun! I was fogged in...in California!Ray KrauseSent from my iPad> On May 23, 2015, at 6:57 PM, Douwe Blumberg wrote:> > > Opened my eyes at 6:30 Saturday morning and though cloudy, it was perfectly> calm and temperate. I knew the clouds were gonna break as the day> progressed so I hopped up, made a cup of tea, clothed and was at the airport> by 7:00. In the air by 7:20 for one of the most delightful flights I've> had. Nothing special, but the air was cool and smooth and "RE-PIET" just> wanted to climb like there was no tomorrow. Turned towards the house as the> sun started finding holes in the clouds and flew around the house over Marci> and she was having her coffee on the deck. Landed by 7:45 and was home by> 8:10 to start the day.> > Keep building, it's really worth it.> > Douwe> > > ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: A camera question for Jeff

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Boatright, Jeffrey"
Hi Douwe,The "boom" is a pvc pipe held on by bungee cords. You're right, the tape steadies the pipe. Instole the whole idea from ... Uh ... I can't remember. One of the other guys on this list. ;)I will try to post pix of the instillation.Hope you're doing well,Jeff=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD, FARVOProfessor of OphthalmologyEmory University School of MedicineSent from an iPad with a spelling problemOn May 23, 2015, at 10:05 PM, "Douwe Blumberg" > wrote:Hey Jeff,It looks like your camera mount is a pole affixed to both struts. What is all the tape on the trailing edge for, steadying?I sure like the view it gives.Douwe________________________________This e-mail message (including any attachments) is for the sole use ofthe intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privilegedinformation. If the reader of this message is not the intendedrecipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distributionor copying of this message (including any attachments) is strictlyprohibited.If you have received this message in error, please contactthe sender by reply e-mail message and destroy all copies of theoriginal message (including attachments).________________________________________________________________________________