Pietenpol-List: dick N

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: dick N

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Yahoo! Account Service
I'll put money in the jar too, though I will miss the brat festDouwe________________________________________________________________________________Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 07:54:57 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
matronics

> Re: Pietenpol-List: Dick N

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Yahoo! Account Service
matronics

> Re: Pietenpol-List: Dick N

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Joe Czaplicki
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: where are all the new guys

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Marcus Zechini
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: where are all the new guys
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Dick N

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ray Krause
Wife & I were friends Dick and Joanie. Sometimes we would be planning on goingto some event, and he'd say "Bring Mary, because then Joanie will go too andit'll be fun". Last year we laughed as our wifes were wading through mud at Blakesburgafter heavy rains, and we told them to be sure to check between theirtoes for leeches.A couple years ago at the MN State Fair, the 4 of us were walking along and I founda $20 bill on the ground. I'll be putting that $20 in the Jar at Brodhead...Dick helped a lot with a Pietenpol that a group of us here in MN are building together.We made the first rib in the basement of Dick's house during a ChristmasParty, and we all signed our names on it.Dick was building a Sky Scout. I hadn't seen it for a while, so I don't know howfar along it got, but at the time it was further along than the Piet that ourgroup was building. He had evaluated putting a V-twin engine on it, as wellas looking into using a "Wisconsin V-4", but had eventually decided on a Corvair.He planned on putting the Sky Scout on floats and painting it in HarleyDavidson colors. I told him that since it's a Sky Scout he really ought to finishit like an Indian motorcycle, with big fenders and tassles hanging everywhere,but he laughed and said he was more of a Harley guy. Just a couple weeks ago Dick was handing me sandbags as we helped a fellow builderskin his Glasair project. That was the last time I saw him.Sure am going to miss him...Patrick HoytN63PZRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: where are all the new guys

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: David
You are a very nice person!Ray Krause, unfortunately in CA!Sent from my iPad> On Jun 15, 2015, at 7:22 AM, Joe Czaplicki wrote:> > > If there are any new builders in the NE Illinois or SE Wisconsin area and arejust getting started. I have a few items available that might give them a kickstart.> a rib jig, rib top strip forming jig, A65 motor mount jig, some motor mount pieces,landing gear hinge bushings, 4x4 sheet of 1/16 ply for rib gussets, couplesample ribs. these are free to anyone willing to pick them up in Zion, IL.> > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 12:02:42 -0700