Pietenpol-List: In memory of Dick N

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: In memory of Dick N

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "tools"
It was mentioned Dick N was considering a wisconsin engine for his scout. Probablya vh4d, a 30hp v-4 industrial gas engine.They also made a 65 hp variant of that, that was physically bigger but otherwiseidentical. They have a ridiculous heavy finned cast iron flywheel and extensiveshrouding that could likely all be removed behind the prop. Not exactlynew, being 60s 70s vintage, but damn reliable. They were offered with eitherpoints or magnetos. I don't know if it's lighter than a ford or not. The speed range is about rightat 2000 to 2500 rpm. Totally continuous duty motors, many ran pumps for yearson end. I also can't imagine many of the newer little liquid cooled diesels you find inskid steers, mini excavators, and such might not be usable. Perhaps the aircooled yanmars of John Deere fame might be usable as well. They all seem to belower rpm torque motors still.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: In memory of Dick N
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "THOMAS.233327"
I got dick's NX2RN up a couple of times this week, been waiting for the chancesince I heard the bad news. Today was especially nice. About 7:30 am, absolutelyperfectly cool and calm out, no one around but me. I even smiled as I tied off the wheels like he taught me to prop it alone, evenusing the straps he gave me. I flew to get some fuel nearby, hit a couple of friend's little grass strips. Reminded me of the day Dick first took me for a ride in her. I was horribly saddened by Dick's passing, but I smile ear to ear every time Ithink of him and 2RN.ToolsRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 19:24:25 +0000 (UTC)