Pietenpol-List: just another Air Camper afternoon

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: just another Air Camper afternoon

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "taildrags"
=0A=0A=0APieters=3BMost of you know Corky Corbett=2C the gentleman who built the Air Camper that I now own and fly. He will be turning 92 next week and in the recent past he has taken a fall or two and now gets around with a walker or in a wheelchair.A while back Corky's wife Isabelle passed away and after that he was looking for things to keep him busy so he was going to start building and selling Piet ribs. That enterprise never came to fruition so now he's looking for someone who is interested in picking up the rib building materials. Free to a good home=2C to someone who might appreciate having a no-cost start to building their ribs and who might also appreciate meeting and greeting one of the people on this list who actually "got 'er done". Corky completed a Pietenpol Air Camper and flew it... something not a lot of people can say these days. A true Southern gentleman=2C too.It's obvious that in his condition Corky is not able to handle the materials himself=2C nor is he interested in packing=2C shipping=2C or anything else. The materials are in Shreveport Louisiana and must be picked up by whoever is interested. He describes what he's got as several hundred dollars worth of materials=2C enough for perhaps 3 sets of ribs. Capstrips and ripped select fir that he says is as light as spruce and much stronger.Interested parties may call Corky at (318)455-7435. I have no other information than the above.Oscar ZunigaMedford=2C ORAir Camper NX41CC=2C "Scout"Cont A75 power =0A ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: just another Air Camper afternoon
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: just another Air Camper afternoon

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "TriScout"
I didn't get to the West Coast Piet event, or to Sun 'n' Fun, or to Brodhead, orto AirVenture this year. I had my own little Air Camper afternoon today though.My last logbook entry was back in April and Scout had sat patiently in thehangar all this time, waiting for me. Today was the day.Beautiful summer afternoon, nothing out of the ordinary for a July in the RogueValley, and like most summer afternoons here, the wind was coming up and gettinga bit gusty. Not far off the runway heading, but veering a little and gustingmaybe from 7 or 8 to 10-15 at times. Enough to make taxiing and ground workinteresting.As usual, I flooded the engine in my haste to get it fired up, so I cooled my heelsa bit and then ran through the starting sequence a little more diligentlyand got ignition. On runup, the lower plugs were stuttering a little, nothingout of the ordinary when you don't run these engines regularly, but after warmingup and burning off what I could from the plugs, on takeoff everything wasstrong and we were airborne.I put about 45 minutes in the logbook and turned in a very good performance onlanding (for me, anyway)- a wheel landing into a wind that had the windsock stickingstraight out, and I sure didn't need any brakes to slow 'er down! I neededpower to taxi back up to the hangar (into the wind) and when I got thereI shut down the airplane perfectly satisfied with Pietenpols, flying, the summer,and life in general. I just need to do this more often.--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 powerRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: just another Air Camper afternoon
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: just another Air Camper afternoon

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Gary Boothe"
Good reminder of how lucky we are, Oscar! Hope to get out to the airport myselfthis evening.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: just another Air Camper afternoon

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jack
Outstanding and well deserved my friend!Sent from my iPadJack Textor> On Jul 26, 2015, at 7:45 AM, "Jeff Boatright" wrote:> > > Oshkosh 2015 Plans Outstanding Workmanship> > Jeffrey Cain, N8032Y, 1981, Hill Raymond J Hatz CB-1, Denver, CO> Scott Ehni, N742SE, 2014, Zenith 701, Trinity, TX> Scott Ehni, N742DE, 2011, Zenith Ch701SP, Trinity, TX> Daniel Helsper, N929DH, 2010, Pietenpol Aircamper, Puryear, TN> > > Congratulations, Dan!!!> > :D :D :D> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 202#445202> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: just another Air Camper afternoon