Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Starting my build, but need to know which fuselage

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: vic groah
Hi Dave,The fuselages in both the FGM plans, and the 1933 Improved Air Camper plans weredesigned for use with the Ford Model A engine (and a 140 pound pilot). Thelonger 173" fuselage in the supplemental plans was designed to be used with lighterengines, such as the small Continentals, or the Corvair. The Pietenpol-designedengine mount for Continental engines was intended for use with the longestfuselage, but many have adapted it for use with the Improved Air Camperfuselage (usually extending the mount). To use an A-65 with the Improved AirCamper fuselage, and keep the cabanes vertical, the engine mount will typicallyneed to be extended 8 or 9 inches.If you plan to carry passengers that are 6'-3" tall, you really should give seriousthought to building the long fuselage, as it does provide additional legroom for both pilot and passenger. I haven't seen the plans for the Kerri-Anndoor, but I'm sure that adapting it to suit the longer fuselage would not bevery difficult.The number one thing that will have the most impact on the performance of any Pietenpolis keeping it light. Adding a passenger door will not contribute tolightness, and some will argue that a passenger door does not even make passengerentry any easier.Bill C.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 11:46:25 -0800Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Starting my build, but need to know which fuselageto build!
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steven Dortch
Is the Brodhead / WW W&B calculator available online?English JohnnySTILL building wings--------The only way is UPRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 07:51:10 -0600Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Starting my build, but need to know which fuselageto build!