Pietenpol-List: Looking for Steve Statkus

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Looking for Steve Statkus

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Glen Schweizer
Anybody on the list know Steve Statkus from Hamilton=2C Ohio? He has three aircraft current on the FAA registry... a Schweizer=2C a Spezio Sport=2C and an Aeronca 7AC. Back in the mid-1990s Kitplanes did a writeup on the Longster that Steve built=2C powered by a 1/2 VW=2C operated out of Fairfield=2C OH. I'm trying to get in touch with him to pick his brain about building the Longster.Thanks=2C and I hope everyone is enjoying a restful holiday weekend.Oscar ZunigaMedford=2C ORAir Camper NX41CC ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Looking for Steve Statkus

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "taildrags"
Hi OscarThis is probably already been sourced but check flying and glider manual?Glen. Pietenpol Aerial in progressSent from my iPhone> On Mar 27, 2016, at 10:05 AM, Oscar Zuniga wrote:> > Anybody on the list know Steve Statkus from Hamilton, Ohio? He has three aircraft current on the FAA registry... a Schweizer, a Spezio Sport, and an Aeronca 7AC. Back in the mid-1990s Kitplanes did a writeup on the Longster that Steve built, powered by a 1/2 VW, operated out of Fairfield, OH. I'm trying to get in touch with him to pick his brain about building the Longster.> > Thanks, and I hope everyone is enjoying a restful holiday weekend.> > Oscar Zuniga> Medford, OR> Air Camper NX41CC> > ============================================================================================================================================================________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Looking for Steve Statkus
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Looking for Steve Statkus

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "jarheadpilot82"
Glen;Of course I have the 1933 Flying & Glider Manual, from whence has come my interestin the Longster to begin with. The plans are in that edition of the F&GMbut Steve built his version using a welded frame rather than the gusseted, pinned,and brazed joints that Les Long used on the original.Thanks for the reply though.--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 powerRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Looking for Steve Statkus