Pietenpol-List: Brodhead Calendar of Events - Anyone, Anyone?

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Brodhead Calendar of Events - Anyone, Anyone?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "jarheadpilot82"
Will you be headed to 7S5 on Friday? Also, if you'd like I can drop a car off atSalem for your use. It's a Taurus but a handy spare none the less. I can mailyou a set of keys if you'd like. I work four ten hour days and get Friday'soff so we could meet Friday too when you're done if you want> On Jul 14, 2016, at 9:47 PM, taildrags wrote:> > > Glen; I plan to be winging my way back to Medford on Saturday afternoon. Withthe long days that we have, I don't have to leave till mid-afternoon, but thelater in the day it gets, the stronger the winds.> > --------> Oscar Zuniga> Medford, OR> Air Camper NX41CC "Scout"> A75 power, 72x36 Culver prop> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 214#458214> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Brodhead Calendar of Events - Anyone, Anyone?
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead Calendar of Events - Anyone, Anyone?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "tools"
Much like the movie "Ferris Buehler's Day Off" where the teacher reads off names("Buehler...Buehler...Anyone?), any mention of next week's Pietenpol Fly-inis missing from this forum.I have not seen any fly-in flight info, nor I have I seen any calendar of events.Have I missed it, or has simply nothing been posted?I am curious as to who will be flying in. Any scheduled discussion on Saturdayafternoon, or is it every man for himself? With no word on who or what will bethere, I am not sure if it is worth the expense of traveling and attending thisnext weekend.Any info would be appreciated.--------Semper Fi,Terry HandAthens, GARead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead Calendar of Events - Anyone, Anyone?
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Semih Oksay
I'd REALLY love to fly 2rn up, but it's a matter of too many vehicles, not enoughdrivers. You need to get checked out and fly her up for me!Sooo... Instead I'm trying to get a c120 that's based in osh in annual and willfly her down instead on thurs or fri. This might be a good plane for BFRs if I feel comfortable enough in her by thenif anyone needs one. I believe there's four or five piets doing the airventure pilgrimage into the ultralightstrip on Sunday. Hey Jack, how abouts I buy a brat and come eat it at your trailer on Friday aboutnoon?! That's all I know....Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead Calendar of Events - Anyone, Anyone?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Jack Textor
Roger on that Tools! I like the BFR idea, I need to get current!Jack TextorSent from my iPad> On Jul 16, 2016, at 9:33 AM, tools wrote:> > > I'd REALLY love to fly 2rn up, but it's a matter of too many vehicles, not enoughdrivers. You need to get checked out and fly her up for me!> > Sooo... Instead I'm trying to get a c120 that's based in osh in annual and willfly her down instead on thurs or fri. > > This might be a good plane for BFRs if I feel comfortable enough in her by thenif anyone needs one. > > I believe there's four or five piets doing the airventure pilgrimage into theultralight strip on Sunday. > > Hey Jack, how abouts I buy a brat and come eat it at your trailer on Friday aboutnoon?! > > That's all I know....> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 235#458235> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Brodhead Calendar of Events - Anyone, Anyone?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Charles N. Campbell"
Terry,Mike Weeden posted it on the Piet page on Facebook. I can get it I if you don'thave access. You will also see we are not doing the Bratfest Friday.Jack TextorSent from my iPad> On Jul 16, 2016, at 6:59 AM, jarheadpilot82 wrote:> > > Much like the movie "Ferris Buehler's Day Off" where the teacher reads off names("Buehler...Buehler...Anyone?), any mention of next week's Pietenpol Fly-inis missing from this forum.> > I have not seen any fly-in flight info, nor I have I seen any calendar of events.Have I missed it, or has simply nothing been posted?> > I am curious as to who will be flying in. Any scheduled discussion on Saturdayafternoon, or is it every man for himself? With no word on who or what willbe there, I am not sure if it is worth the expense of traveling and attendingthis next weekend.> > Any info would be appreciated.> > --------> Semper Fi,> > Terry Hand> Athens, GA> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 230#458230> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Douwe Blumberg"
Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Brodhead Calendar of Events - Anyone, Anyone?Jack, if the Pietenpol stuff is being moved to Facebook, I'm outa here! Idon't do Facebook. ChuckOn Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Jack Textor wrote:>> Terry,> Mike Weeden posted it on the Piet page on Facebook. I can get it I if you> don't have access. You will also see we are not doing the Bratfest Friday.>> Jack Textor>> Sent from my iPad>> > On Jul 16, 2016, at 6:59 AM, jarheadpilot82 > wrote:> >> jarheadpilot82(at)hotmail.com>> >> > Much like the movie "Ferris Buehler's Day Off" where the teacher reads> off names ("Buehler...Buehler...Anyone?), any mention of next week's> Pietenpol Fly-in is missing from this forum.> >> > I have not seen any fly-in flight info, nor I have I seen any calendar> of events. Have I missed it, or has simply nothing been posted?> >> > I am curious as to who will be flying in. Any scheduled discussion on> Saturday afternoon, or is it every man for himself? With no word on who or> what will be there, I am not sure if it is worth the expense of traveling> and attending this next weekend.> >> > Any info would be appreciated.> >> > --------> > Semper Fi,> >> > Terry Hand> > Athens, GA> >> >> >> >> > Read this topic online here:> >> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 230#458230> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >>>________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steven Dortch
Hi,I've seen lots of mention/details about Brodhead on the FB Piet site. Seemspeople have abandoned this list for the most part beginning a year or twoago when the tone turned negative.WX permitting, I'll be there with bells on.Douwe________________________________________________________________________________Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 10:58:09 -0500Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Brodhead Calendar of Events - Anyone, Anyone?
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Larry Vetter"
I am not an FB fan at all, though I know there are pluses and minuses. FB is generally more supportive of multimedia. Email lists tend to have more indepth conversations and better archiving.-----------------------------Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD, FARVOProfessor of OphthalmologyEmory University School of MedicineSent from an iPad with a spelling problemOn Jul 17, 2016, at 11:59 AM, Steven Dortch > wrote:Charles, just sip the koolaid! I have looked at the Facebook and it is OK. face book is easy, BUT I find it quite limited. The pietenpol websites are easier to navigate.Stay on the list! I will have some questions for you and your kind.Blue SkiesSteve DOn Jul 17, 2016 5:32 AM, "Charles N. Campbell" > wrote:Jack, if the Pietenpol stuff is being moved to Facebook, I'm outa here! I don't do Facebook. ChuckOn Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 11:17 AM, Jack Textor > wrote:jack(at)textors.com>>Terry,Mike Weeden posted it on the Piet page on Facebook. I can get it I if you don't have access. You will also see we are not doing the Bratfest Friday.Jack TextorSent from my iPad> On Jul 16, 2016, at 6:59 AM, jarheadpilot82 > wrote:>tmail.com>>> Much like the movie "Ferris Buehler's Day Off" where the teacher reads off names ("Buehler...Buehler...Anyone?), any mention of next week's Pietenpol Fly-in is missing from this forum.>> I have not seen any fly-in flight info, nor I have I seen any calendar of events. Have I missed it, or has simply nothing been posted?>> I am curious as to who will be flying in. Any scheduled discussion on Saturday afternoon, or is it every man for himself? With no word on who or what will be there, I am not sure if it is worth the expense of traveling and attending this next weekend.>> Any info would be appreciated.>> --------> Semper Fi,>> Terry Hand> Athens, GA>>> Read this topic online here:>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 458230>>br> enpol-List" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pietenpol-ListFORUMS -eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.comWIKI -errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.comb Site - -Matt Dralle, List Admin.rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution__ ... ______This e-mail message (including any attachments) is for the sole use ofthe intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privilegedinformation. If the reader of this message is not the intendedrecipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distributionor copying of this message (including any attachments) is strictlyprohibited.If you have received this message in error, please contactthe sender by reply e-mail message and destroy all copies of theoriginal message (including attachments).________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead Calendar of Events - Anyone, Anyone?
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Boatright, Jeffrey"
>From the facebook postThe forum schedule for the next week's Brodhead Pietenpol Fly-In has been set.FORUMS Scheduled Pietenpol forums on Saturday, July 23 are as follows:FLYING THE MODEL A 10:30 a.m. Ken Perkins Model A powered Piet has made numerous flights to Brodhead and hasgiven uncounted rides to many lucky passengers. Ken will share his thoughts andexperience.THE DILLHOEFER CIRCUS COMES TO TOWN 1:00 p.m. NX898H is a newly built Ford powered Pietenpol. It has set a new standard as apurist build. From nose bowl right down to the tail skid, Gene Rambos plane isloaded with details. Father & Son will discuss the long construction and theHerculean effort that made his plane the FIRST ARRIVAL for Brodhead 2016 (becausehe landed just after Brodhead 2015 ended!)CORVAIR FLIGHT ENGINES 2:30 p.m. William Wynnes popular seminar on Corvair Flight EnginesRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Donald A Mosher
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________________________________________________________________________________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "taildrags"
Subject: Pietenpol-List: Pietenpol Forums at EAA AirVenture 2016Attached is information and a schedule for forums being presented by BillRewey and Doc Mosher as a team at EAA AirVenture 2016.________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead Calendar of Events - Anyone, Anyone?
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ray Krause
I am on FB but only because my grandsons and a few relatives and friends only communicatethat way. I don't care for it because it's quite fluffy and informal.It has its benefits, but I much prefer topic-specific email lists and especiallythis one. In a manner of speaking, to me interacting on Facebook is likegoing to the mall, while interacting on this list is like going to Wicks,Aircraft Spruce, or Chief Aircraft. Nothing personal, just my own preference.I've unsubscribed to this list a time or two in the past after getting thrown underthe bus and dragged a block or two down the street under it, but later repentedof my actions because I missed the camaraderie and the information. I'llprobably stay on this list till I'm too senile to remember my login name andpassword, even if I sell my Piet (which I'm going to do, pretty soon).Even though I long ago sold my set of KR2 plans and never even started to builda KR2, I've been on the KRNet since about 1993, back when my desktop machinewas a PC 80386 clone and I was on dialup. I actually used to know a little bitof xx86 assembly code and Turbo Pascal ;o) I am still learning something everyweek from other KR builders and pilots, and the KR is a relatively middle-agedairplane (only 42 years old, compared to the Air Camper, which is about 84years young now).Anybody who thinks they don't have anything to learn about an 84 year old airplanewill find out that they do, either shortly after starting to build one orsoon after attempting to fly one. It's fun and it's educational, but it's notthe same as playing Pokmon Go.--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 power, 72x36 Culver propRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Bill Church"
Oscar,I share the same feelings about FB, but I attribute it to being OLD. I just don'tlike things that have so many ways to be turned ON and OFF, What happened tothe good old on/off switch? I have a FB account for the same reason you haveone, but it just won't leave me alone! "So and so would like to be your friend"!Once you say "yes", your privacy is over!Just my rant,Ray KrauseSent from my iPad> On Jul 17, 2016, at 9:52 PM, taildrags wrote:> > > I am on FB but only because my grandsons and a few relatives and friends onlycommunicate that way. I don't care for it because it's quite fluffy and informal.It has its benefits, but I much prefer topic-specific email lists and especiallythis one. In a manner of speaking, to me interacting on Facebook islike going to the mall, while interacting on this list is like going to Wicks,Aircraft Spruce, or Chief Aircraft. Nothing personal, just my own preference.> > I've unsubscribed to this list a time or two in the past after getting thrownunder the bus and dragged a block or two down the street under it, but laterrepented of my actions because I missed the camaraderie and the information. I'll probably stay on this list till I'm too senile to remember my login nameand password, even if I sell my Piet (which I'm going to do, pretty soon).> > Even though I long ago sold my set of KR2 plans and never even started to builda KR2, I've been on the KRNet since about 1993, back when my desktop machinewas a PC 80386 clone and I was on dialup. I actually used to know a littlebit of xx86 assembly code and Turbo Pascal ;o) I am still learning somethingevery week from other KR builders and pilots, and the KR is a relatively middle-agedairplane (only 42 years old, compared to the Air Camper, which is about84 years young now).> > Anybody who thinks they don't have anything to learn about an 84 year old airplanewill find out that they do, either shortly after starting to build one orsoon after attempting to fly one. It's fun and it's educational, but it's notthe same as playing Pokmon Go.> > --------> Oscar Zuniga> Medford, OR> Air Camper NX41CC "Scout"> A75 power, 72x36 Culver prop> > > > > Read this topic online here:> > http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... 302#458302> > > > > > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead Calendar of Events - Anyone, Anyone?
matronics

Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead Calendar of Events - Anyone, Anyone?

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Steven Dortch
Regarding the fly-in, pretty much everything you'd need or want to know can befound on the EAA 431 website. Here's a link.http://www.eaa431.org/2016-pietenpolhat ... ation/Bill C.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ______Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 12:54:38 -0500Subject: Re: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead Calendar of Events - Anyone, Anyone?
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "jarheadpilot82"
What are the brodhead dates.?CorkySent from my iPad> On 18 Jul 2016, at 12:54, Steven Dortch wrote:> > Facebook aggravates me but I have contacted many old army buddies because of it.> > Blue skies,> Steve D________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead Calendar of Events - Anyone, Anyone?
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "taildrags"
Corky,Pietenpol/Hatz/Bleriot Fly-In July 21-24 in Brodhead, as in this upcoming weekend.--------Semper Fi,Terry HandAthens, GARead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead Calendar of Events - Anyone, Anyone?
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "tools"
Hatz/Pietenpol/Bleriot-? Wow! Is anyone actually going to fly to Brodhead ina Bleriot? That would be quite interesting! When I lived down in San Antonio,a very prolific builder down there built a replica of a Bleriot XI (I believeit was)... the model that Bleriot used to cross the channel with.--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 power, 72x36 Culver propRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Brodhead Calendar of Events - Anyone, Anyone?
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Douwe Blumberg"
I've seen an authentic replica, actually fly. A "sorta scale" one there on a trailerand yet a third, authentic repro, is being built there. Ironically inthe "pietenpol" hangar. Ya, whoda thought there was such a flyin?!Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________