Pietenpol-List: TC Piet Semih

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: TC Piet Semih

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "oldbird"
Thanks Jack. It's an O-290. Very nice, Clif. What Lycoming is that you've got? Jack Phillips NX899JP Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia ________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: TC Piet Semih
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: TC Piet Semih

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "taildrags"
I have not posted any progress for a long while. This doesn't mean that I wasn'tactive. Fuselage is on its wheels now, almost finished with the turtledeck,I finished the wing spars, they are plywood/wood, some of the cabane struts andlift struts are finished, some still wait to be shaped. Thet are all plywood,carbon, wood. It is not that I don't like aluminum or steel, the reason is theyare simply not available here. I also designed a tailwheel with angle release.I didn't make it yet. In a few weeks, I am hoping to put the wings together.Ribs were ready years ago. Engine: C90-8F. I had an A65-8 originally. A few months ago I found a C90-8F froma junkyard. Bought it and started working on it. I completely disassembledand cleaned whatever came. Now I am at the stage of putting it together. I weighedthe conrods and found differences as much as 1/3 ounces on the opposing ones(ie. 1-2 and 3-4). I balanced them down to 0.01 grams (0.00035 ounces). Iwill do the same for the pistons and hope for an engine with less vibration. Iwill not use shellack on the crankcase. I will use Loctite 518. I will also usethe silk thread. I made two test pieces, one with shellack and one with Loctite,definitely Loctite is better. Bad luck, it wasn't available 70 years ago.I also made a jig for the engine mount. I made the parts and cut the tubing.I hope to start next week.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ttachments: http://forums.matronics.com//files/img_ ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: TC Piet Semih