Pietenpol-List: Piet featured in Sport Aviation article

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Piet featured in Sport Aviation article

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Bill Church"
Thanks for your account of the trip. Such an inspiring adventure !--------Jake Schultz - curator,Newport Way Air Museum (OK, it's just my home)Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Piet featured in Sport Aviation article
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Piet featured in Sport Aviation article

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "Bill Church"
A few days ago there was a plea for people to create new subject lines, ratherthan replying to existing threads, if their comment was not a direct responseto the specific question being asked. Well, here's an example of an instancewhere it probably would have been better to reply to the original post, ratherthan posting a new topic. Without a link to the original post, it isn't clearwhat this message is in response to.Bill C.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Piet featured in Sport Aviation article
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "jarheadpilot82"
Subject: Pietenpol-List: Wheel hub question from Paul Donahue*Hi Paul, **I ended up welding on the inside and the outside of my wheel hub flangesbut on the outside I didn't use any filler rod---just sealed the disc tothe axel tube so that my sintered**bronze Oil Lite flanged bushings could press in flush. **The Oil Lite bronze bushings (I think McMaster-Carr carries them orsimilar) go into the**hub about 1" deep. Frank Pavliga gave me a good tip---file 3 groovesinto the Oil Lite**bushing in the same direction as the axel on the OD of the bushing flangeand wipe good**with MEK or solvent. Rough up both the bronze bushings with sandpaper aswell as the**ID of your axel hub tube---wipe all with MEK and T-88 the bushings inplace so they spin**with your wheels and rotate on the axel like they should. The groovesyou file into the**bushings help the T-88 hold them in place. **Mike C.*________________________________________________________________________________Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Piet featured in Sport Aviation article
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "taildrags"
Try this. The Buzzard Way -https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-sW1j ... p=sharingI uploaded it to my Google Drive, and those who want to can see it there. I willleave it there until such time that someone complains that I am making copyrightedmaterial available improperly.--------Semper Fi,Terry HandAthens, GARead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Piet featured in Sport Aviation article
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ray Krause
Excellent, Terry; thank you for sharing the article. I consider quick, casualreads like this to be the equivalent of taking my magazines to the office breakroom (or "reading room") for others to enjoy after I'm done with them, the intentbeing to hook them on airplanes and flying too. The article really makesit sound like affordable, fun, simple flying can still be done and a lot of newpilots and builders can be brought into the fold if a simple, basic, affordableairplane like the Air Camper is available.I fly out of a towered field with scheduled commercial flights, so there is a tallsecurity fence around the place, you need a badge to get in, and there isa general feeling of "I'd better not do any little thing wrong or security willcome screaming over here". So it's no surprise that other than several timeswhen I've had guests over to my hangar, I've never in five years seen a youngsteranywhere inside the fence and I've never had any curious people other thanfellow hangar renters come over to look inside my hangar. Not even anyonepeering in through the fence, from outside. As much as I love the experienceof sliding open my hangar doors and poking around the airplane, I would even morelove to share it with others. There is just something about sticking my headdown into the forward cockpit when I'm preflighting the airplane and catchingthe faint scent of avgas, engine exhaust, maybe a hint of wood and fabric...the smell of an airplane. I started my journey in aviation in an old classic,and now that I have one of my own, I realize that it needs to be shared orit's not really doing what Mr. Pietenpol intended for it.--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 power, 72x36 Culver propRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________