Pietenpol-List: Jeepenpol

An archive of the Matronics Pietenpol Listserve.
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Jeepenpol

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "aviken"
What, me-? Build an airplane? Never! I bought 41CC from Corky Corbett alreadycomplete and flying, and all I've done since then is tweak, change, modify,add, delete, upsize, downsize, relocate, move, adjust, refinish, change, break,fix, readjust, inflate, deflate, tension, retension, replace, swap, add washers,retorque, drain, fill, loosen, tighten, and endlessly fidget and fool withevery fixed or movable part on the airplane. Enough is never good enough, toomuch is never good enough, not enough isn't even good enough... I have to constantlybe doing something to, with, about, around, or against the airplane.But build one? Never ;o)I know every square centimeter of my airplane, and I love every square centimeterof it. Well, almost every one. There are a few that I can't reach back inthe tailcone that taunt me from time to time and a few out in the wings pastwhere I can reach them from the inspection ports either, but by and large I'vegrown accustomed to this airplane and fond of it most of the time. Startingthe engine when it's hot is usually one time when I feel like it's got a mindand emotions and all I am is a stupid brainless human with no understanding ofair, fuel, and spark and how they're supposed to all work together. Other times,like when we're in cruise flight with plenty of fuel and nice cool air tofly through, no place to be and no hurry to get there, I feel like anything belowthe stratosphere is my apple and my Air Camper is my magic carpet, streakingme along at the speed of... the speed of... an Air Camper ;o)We speak the same language and we appreciate each other for what we each do tomake flying happen. Then when we get close to the ground, we tag-team each otherabout who's going to be the student and who's going to be the instructor.Some days I can make the airplane do everything but make apple strudel with acrispy sugar and cinnamon crust, and other days the airplane makes mincemeatout of me. We teach each other, we love each other, but we never turn our backsto each other because one of us might just pull a fast one ;o) I have doneit to 41CC a time or two, but the airplane has done it to me MANY times!It's all fun, it's why we fly these airplanes, and I feel sorry for the pilot whohas never flown an open cockpit, wood and fabric, hand-prop taildragger. Andeven sorryer for one who has not had to try to prop-start a hot little Continental;o)--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 power, 72x36 Culver propRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Jeepenpol
matronics

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: Ray Krause
Just an update on the Jeepenpol. I am finishing up all the little chores and have my registration in hand, I should be ready for my DAR inspection soon. I hope to test fly by mid September.Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... __________
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Jeepenpol

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "taildrags"
WHAT A GREAT POST !!! I always wanted to build a plane but completly redid a ole 1941 Delux t-craft bought it in boxes what a learning process but a lot of fun I did it all except pump up the tires by handlove ur postOn 8/17/2016 1:04 AM, taildrags wrote:>> What, me-? Build an airplane? Never! I bought 41CC from Corky Corbett alreadycomplete and flying, and all I've done since then is tweak, change, modify,add, delete, upsize, downsize, relocate, move, adjust, refinish, change, break,fix, readjust, inflate, deflate, tension, retension, replace, swap, add washers,retorque, drain, fill, loosen, tighten, and endlessly fidget and fool withevery fixed or movable part on the airplane. Enough is never good enough,too much is never good enough, not enough isn't even good enough... I have toconstantly be doing something to, with, about, around, or against the airplane.But build one? Never ;o)>> I know every square centimeter of my airplane, and I love every square centimeterof it. Well, almost every one. There are a few that I can't reach backin the tailcone that taunt me from time to time and a few out in the wings pastwhere I can reach them from the inspection ports either, but by and large I'vegrown accustomed to this airplane and fond of it most of the time. Startingthe engine when it's hot is usually one time when I feel like it's got a mindand emotions and all I am is a stupid brainless human with no understandingof air, fuel, and spark and how they're supposed to all work together. Othertimes, like when we're in cruise flight with plenty of fuel and nice cool airto fly through, no place to be and no hurry to get there, I feel like anythingbelow the stratosphere is my apple and my Air Camper is my magic carpet, streakingme along at the speed of... the speed of... an Air Camper ;o)>> We speak the same language and we appreciate each other for what we each do tomake flying happen. Then when we get close to the ground, we tag-team eachother about who's going to be the student and who's going to be the instructor.Some days I can make the airplane do everything but make apple strudel witha crispy sugar and cinnamon crust, and other days the airplane makes mincemeatout of me. We teach each other, we love each other, but we never turn our backsto each other because one of us might just pull a fast one ;o) I have doneit to 41CC a time or two, but the airplane has done it to me MANY times!>> It's all fun, it's why we fly these airplanes, and I feel sorry for the pilotwho has never flown an open cockpit, wood and fabric, hand-prop taildragger.And even sorryer for one who has not had to try to prop-start a hot little Continental;o)>> --------> Oscar Zuniga> Medford, OR> Air Camper NX41CC "Scout"> A75 power, 72x36 Culver prop>>> Read this topic online here:>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Jeepenpol
matronics

Pietenpol-List: Re: Jeepenpol

Post by matronics »

Original Posted By: "aerocarjake"
Great news! Hope you can post some videos of taxi testing!--------Oscar ZunigaMedford, ORAir Camper NX41CC "Scout"A75 power, 72x36 Culver propRead this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p ... ___Subject: Pietenpol-List: Re: Jeepenpol